Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Greetings from Seattle, WA (Downtown)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by architrip, Jun 17, 2009.

1. architrip

architrip Seattle New Member

Hello,

I'm very new to the world of Firearms, although I've been a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment for as long as I can remember. I am eager to learn as much as I can about being a responsible firearm owner.

However, I am actively involved in a high profile capacity within the Seattle community which is NOT gun friendly. I normally do not participate in forums of any kind and do have concerns about my privacy. I respect all of you for your support of the 2nd ammenment and hope that there is room for me as a passive member of the forum.

I currently own a Marlin 30-06 and two Remmington 12-gauge shotguns and am hoping to find the time to start shooting and hunting regularly. I would like to procure a number of firearms for my wife and myself over the next few years as well, which include the following:

Glock 19 (2)
    Ruger 10/22 (2)
    Remmington 700 SPS .308
    Springfield M1A .308

-Doug

2. Huntbear

Huntbear Ellensburg, Wa. Member

Welcome, and sorry you are stuck in the Peoples Republic of Seattle.

3. nwg19

nwg19 Auburn WA. Member

Welcome to you architrip.
    I know the feeling, I work for a school district in the Seattle area. Needless to say the anti-gun attitude is quite evident.
    .....tom

4. architrip

I work in the creative field and I would argue less then 1% of the people I am associated with own firearms and most would be shocked to know that I do. The attitude is one of fear and disdain, which is terribly discouraging.

I believe it's my right and more importantly responsibility to own and properly maintain and practice with firearms, and I'm finally taking the appropriate steps to do so.

5. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Welcome here. I don't see any 1911s on that list. What up with that. Trust me. Ya got to have at least 1. :)

6. jimmyleost

jimmyleost Renton Member

yum, remington 700 .308!

I'm looking for one myself. Welcome to the forums!

7. architrip

I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible! Two of the glocks, shotguns, 10/22's so they are interchangeble for my wife and I....Nothing fancy, wood stocks, etc.

I would trade up from my Marlin 30-06 for the Remmington 700 both in 30-06 and .308 down the road...

Although I must admit...I do secretly desire one of these:

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

why is the 1911 so popular?

8. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

The name says a lot. Heritage. :)

9. RickB

RickB Greater Seattle area Member

I've been working downtown since '92, when there used to be two gun shops on 1st Ave. - Warshall's and Central Gun Exchange - but now downtown is mostly gun-free. I used to hit Warshall's and CGE about twice a month, and bought guns at both, but now the 'burbs are the only place to find a gun.

10. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

Welcome Aboard

11. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome architrip, good for you..the bikers would call a 99 to 1 guy like you a 1%er..:D