Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Greetings from a displaced farm boy.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by erebus, Dec 27, 2012.

1. erebus

erebus SW Washington State New Member

Raised on a pig farm, now I'm trapped in the city, hoping to get back to basics in the near future. Planning to retire on 40 acres of desert in central Oregon. I miss being able to go plinking whenever I feel like it. Between the time away from shooting and getting older by the minute, my skills are fading almost as bad as my memory... What was I saying?

Anyway... Hey there everybody!
    Erebus - "A dark region of the underworld, through which the dead must pass on the way to Hades."

2. Widerstand

Widerstand Portland rebmeM roineS

Welcome!

40 acres sounds really nice.

3. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Once you move to your 40 acres property, let us know if you need help clearing up varmint infestations. :)

Welcome!

4. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

Welcome to the forum! I wish I had 40 acres.

There are often great deals in the classifieds, just not many this week due to the current events.

Lots of great conversations and experts in every facet of gun ownership.

5. erebus

erebus SW Washington State New Member

Not much there yet other than sagebrush and jackrabbits, but the rabbits make for good eatin'. Can't buy any more gun related toys in the foreseeable future... I gotta save all my pennies for a well, or buy a very long handled shovel (water table is about 300'). It's a mile to the nearest power or phone line, so we're going totally off grid with a solar/wind combo.

Erebus - "A dark region of the underworld, through which the dead must pass on the way to Hades."