JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A member that I associate with on another forum that is aware of my interest in firearms and competitive shooting events suggested that I would appreciate some of the knowledge and expertise available from members on this forum and that I would probably recognize several members as well. I am always interested in firearms, especially wood and steel ones and enjoy reloading and shooting them. I enjoy building firearms and keep getting progressively more complicated with them, right now I am trying to build a complete lock for a 4-Bore cap-lock that has a pretty good barrel with some kind of Aribic gibberish written on it but good Belgian proofs. I am a bit of a dilettante with no real expertise in any particular field but a well-rounded general information about many American made firearms from 1700s-yesterday. I am looking forward to peeking around and do hope that y'all don't mind my occasional question, I am just a curious member of the gun culture with a bit of a southern accent.

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

There's some folks here with eclectic tastes and sometimes rather unique perspectives. You seem like you'll fit right in, although you're a tad too far South and East to join Jefferson. :cool:

@AndyinEverson is our resident guru on all things celebrating the Holy Black, and is always more then willing to help with any thing any one may need! I bet he will be very intreated in that 4 bore you have, and may be able to help determine the details!
@CountryGent may have info for you on your conversion, and @MountainBear is quite knolagable in these as well, and may be a good source parts, or know where to find things!

Welcome to the forum friend. A 4-bore? Oh, my, this sounds like a fun project. I'm sure the members here will do what they can to help with this work. :)

Last Edited:
Think I'll probably end up with wheels and a lanyard on that 4-bore before it's over with. Actually never watched a football game in my life, I shoot and reload and don't care much for sports as a spectator, but appreciate the welcome. I'll stick a picture of the monster on here next time I go out to the shop.

Welcome to the Forum. There's probably quite a few of us Southerners in the forum, I do know some other transplants from the Carolina's that planted roots out West after the service like myself.

There's plenty of good conversation going on, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top