JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hi, newbie here. i currently reside in Indiana, but this coming spring am relocation to northwestern Washington, figured i would get ahead and join this now. looking to move somewhere north of Seattle. so welcome to any advice on ranges, groups, and gun shops in the area!

Welcome and enjoy the climate one more winter:D. We don't have those kind of temp swings here, even up north - you'll like it;).

Friend just moved back from Illinois and having grown up here he was less then impressed after the first year there lol.

Vast majority are in Oregon and south Washington but plenty of folks up north of here too.

It might help if they knew what city you wanted to live near (for work?) or if retiring then there's plenty of remote places up there as well. It's a pretty big area up there so anything to help narrow it down would help.

Good Luck with your move!

Well we do have a fairly active member here from north of Seattle: @AndyinEverson, perhaps he can weigh in with some suggestions for you.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum. Another Oregon member here (there are a lot of us). I hope you find what you're looking for.

thank you all. and yes i am excited to only have one of these winters left here! i am looking at moving to the mount vernon/burlington area. andyineverson i will have as many questions as youll answer im sure lol im going to go out on a limb and say things are quite different out there. my family and i love to hike and camp. i am currently trying to decide on a 'woods carry' handgun. currently have a 9mm but out there should the need arise i have a feeling that might not do the job. any input? around here worst i have to worry about is a few coyotes lol

Welcome and enjoy the climate one more winter:D. We don't have those kind of temp swings here, even up north - you'll like it;).

Friend just moved back from Illinois and having grown up here he was less then impressed after the first year there lol.

Vast majority are in Oregon and south Washington but plenty of folks up north of here too.

It might help if they knew what city you wanted to live near (for work?) or if retiring then there's plenty of remote places up there as well. It's a pretty big area up there so anything to help narrow it down would help.

Good Luck with your move!
yeah the weather difference is one of the things i am looking forward to most!! that and some real wildlife

We have coyotes , black bears and cougars that can be found when out and about in the woodline.
Every once in awhile depending where you are you can run into some sketchy two legged varmints.

I don't tend to worry too much about the four legged critters so much.
Skagit Shooting sports would be an excellent place to shop if you were wanting a new gun ...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads