JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this today at the Lynnwood, WA Costco and nearly pulled the trigger myself, but ultimately couldn't justify it as I still have some room left in my current smaller safe.

$600 for what looked like a pretty decent quality large gun safe. I'd estimate the dimensions as 5'H x 4'W x 30"D. It was the last one available - floor model - and appeared to have a couple small scuffs and the electronic keypad was a little loose, but still a screamin'deal for someone. Delivery included.

Thought I'd post it in case anyone here is interested. I took a couple pics:
6B060111-10F8-48D4-847A-B17B856F30C8.jpeg 863A655C-C142-486D-90CB-A8F61D74C697.jpeg 6A332DBB-506A-42F1-976E-944FD8B55142.jpeg BACAD64A-E6F1-4EB2-87A5-17352F076179.jpeg CAFA35F5-358F-4885-92AF-128E6E1210D5.jpeg

WA does not charge sales tax on firearm safes. Just a piece of information for any looking for a safe. Personally, I will not buy anything firearm related from Costco. I refuse to allow them to make money off firearm products when they do not allow their customers to exercise 2A rights in their warehouse. I, of course, conceal carry anyway. They have nothing posted but it is in the membership agreement.:mad:

WA does not charge sales tax on firearm safes. Just a piece of information for any looking for a safe. Personally, I will not buy anything firearm related from Costco. I refuse to allow them to make money off firearm products when they do not allow their customers to exercise 2A rights in their warehouse. I, of course, conceal carry anyway. They have nothing posted but it is in the membership agreement.:mad:
They allow firearms. They just don't know it. :D
But seriously, I get your point. It's a stupid rule and it shows that someone in upper management is not thinking straight.

o_Oo_OTheir general policy states
  • Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers
I choose to conceal, although I prefer open carry. It is a bit of a joke. If you tell them you're retired LE or Military police, they just walk away. I watched a young Navy guy, that was using the motorized cart, openly carry his side arm and tell them that. o_O:confused:

I really need a big safe like that, but I have no way of getting it home, let alone into my cave... and IM pretty sure I live outside Costco's delivery area. Worth looking into though.

Sold last night. Issaquah and I think Renton might still have a display for sale, but she said there was no free delivery with display models. Being out on the peninsula, I can't go grab it in that case.

Wish I co ups. I need one bad now that we have a smaller house and a 2yr old.

Sold last night. Issaquah and I think Renton might still have a display for sale, but she said there was no free delivery with display models. Being out on the peninsula, I can't go grab it in that case.

Wish I co ups. I need one bad now that we have a smaller house and a 2yr old.
Which peninsula? Kitsap Sportsman's in Silverdale always has safes. Hubby and I bought a safe at JBLM. They put the box in the bed of our truck. We drove home to Kitsap County and the two of us (senior citizens and overweight) managed to get it into the house and upstairs. It's a 12 or 14 gun safe. If you're looking for something bigger you can check with Northwest safes. You can visit their showroom and you can have want you want built. Their delivery to Kitsap Co is a bit pricey, but we had them deliver and bolt down a FatBoy Jr. a few years ago. I love the extras. We have auto lights and the dehumidifier.

Port Orchard, but I'll keep looking. The size and price was nice. I have a lot to lock up.... frustrating to have a whole room locked up tight when you have a small house.

Port Orchard, but I'll keep looking. The size and price was nice. I have a lot to lock up.... frustrating to have a whole room locked up tight when you have a small house.
Have you checked Freddies? I live at the other end of the county. But if they're closing out guns they may have safes to sell. The Costco in Silverdale has safes every couple of months. Sometimes in the middle of the store, but they occasionally have them at the end of the small appliance aisle. I don't know about delivery from the store, but they would have to do delivery from their website.

I heard about Fred's sale. Will be checking them out next trip. I have a secure room and separation of ammo and guns for now. But I'd feel better with a nice vault sized safe... :D

Not sure about everyone else, but I prefer an old fashion dial lock on my gun safe. I do not believe Costco sells any gun safes without an electronic lock. I was looking at Costco and Cabela's, etc and did not see any manual locks. Pretty good price though:

Costco Wholesale

Last Edited:
Which peninsula? Kitsap Sportsman's in Silverdale always has safes. Hubby and I bought a safe at JBLM. They put the box in the bed of our truck. We drove home to Kitsap County and the two of us (senior citizens and overweight) managed to get it into the house and upstairs. It's a 12 or 14 gun safe. If you're looking for something bigger you can check with Northwest safes. You can visit their showroom and you can have want you want built. Their delivery to Kitsap Co is a bit pricey, but we had them deliver and bolt down a FatBoy Jr. a few years ago. I love the extras. We have auto lights and the dehumidifier.

I bought my 2nd gun safe from Northwest Safe and they have large pretty large selection of gun safes. It was worth the drive to Enumclaw, WA just to see all of the inventory they had in their store. I was starting a new job back in June of last year and went mid-May of last year and they schedule me in before I started a new job.

I used to drive for USF Reddaway and I always knew when Costco was having a safe sale... I'd have a bunch of em on my trailer.
They are NOT fun to deliver. Damn scary sometimes, mostly due to the lack of appropriate equipment. I personally delivered 30-40 of em, different sizes, and managed to never gack one. Although I did have a 400#er fall on me when the customer tried to "help".
Our policy was to get it into the garage or carport. No inside or up/downstairs deliveries on these.
Just so's you know.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews