JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my wifey just graduated nursing school tonight!!! :s0133: Im sooooo damn proud of her!!! Its been a rough few years for sure. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from OHSU with a 3.96 gpa. She also got an award for something, not exactly sure, and got inducted into Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing. I really have no words for how proud I am!!!

My wife did a 4 year stint at 34 and has a great job now - top her class type stuff as well.

That feeling of pride you have right now doesn't go away - at least it hasn't for me yet;).

Big congrats - I know it's tough on the family as well as the lady.

My wife did a 4 year stint at 34 and has a great job now - top her class type stuff as well.

That feeling of pride you have right now doesn't go away - at least it hasn't for me yet;).

Big congrats - I know it's tough on the family as well as the lady.

Yep, shes 34 also. It is rough. I believe her ongoing plans are to be a flight nurse or get her masters...If im correct (id have to ask her) she has to do 5 years in the ED before the helicopter thing.

Yep, shes 34 also. It is rough. I believe her ongoing plans are to be a flight nurse or get her masters...If im correct (id have to ask her) she has to do 5 years in the ED before the helicopter thing.

Awesome!

My wife had not expected to get a dream job after 14 months at her first job in 16 years, but has plans on a masters and doctorate when she has a little better handle on the stresses her current job brings.

It will be tough but worth it in the end.

Kudos too you both, I know I had to pick up slack around the house to help get my wife thru her schooling. I'm guessing you did the same for your lady.

Awesome!

My wife had not expected to get a dream job after 14 months at her first job in 16 years, but has plans on a masters and doctorate when she has a little better handle on the stresses her current job brings.

It will be tough but worth it in the end.

Kudos too you both, I know I had to pick up slack around the house to help get my wife thru her schooling. I'm guessing you did the same for your lady.

We thank you very much for your kudos!!! Shes a little overwhelmed and tired at the moment. Its been a long day....Both of our families are beat and now we gotta get em to the airport in the a.m......sigh.....

Congrats to you both, but especially to her.
My bestie spent over a month at OHSU last summer, and I'm convinced the best nurses in the world are at OHSU.
Great institution and wonderful people.
So when you give her my congratulations, tell her thank you as well!

awesome dude!! Congratulations to both of you!!!

i know how hard it is.
my wife graduated the linfield accelerated program last year.

it took her 3 trys to get into nursing school and she almost gave up except for i just encouraged and supported her to be persistent.

she just turned 26. shes a fulltime RN/BSN at salem hospital now. i am very proud. it was one of the hardest times of our marriage. she worked fulltime at starbucks, breastfed a baby and did school full time... we live near salem and she commuted to NW portland to legacy hospital everyday for about 15 months for her classes. 35k miles on the car in just over a year. i did a timing belt, waterpump, a tune up, trans service and 12 oil changes in that short amount of time. she works SOOOO hard and i cant be more proud:D:D:D. Nurses make great money but honestly the student loans are so high that we have decided to keep living off of my income while her checks go toward the loans to get them paid off asap (we make about the same. her last check was $10 more than mine, she reminds me frequently just to rub it in LOL)

i guess all those lunches i packed for her and how much stress (i swear, at 29 im starting to go grey; not really, but there are more grey ones than before she started school:eek:) we endured will finally pay off!!

yay for our wives!! im happy for you man!

(BTW im still looking for some notorious IPA for you)

Last Edited:
Congrats, now you get to see her again after the last two years of not seeing her.

Wifey graduated few years ago with associates then went back for bachelors and I'm sure glad that's done with.

So the award she recieved is called The Golden Lamp Award.

"The Golden Lamp Award is based on the American Nurses Association Code for Professional Nurses and the Florence Nightingale Pledge, and is given in recognition of exemplary demonstration of scholarship, leadership, professional commitment, innovative contributions and humanitarian ideals."

This award is given to one undergraduate and one graduate student statewide.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top