JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm lining up some volunteers who are interested in helping out USFS and BLM on public lands. Chime in here if you might be willing to go lend a hand with a special need, if it arises. Not necessarily target shooting issues, just be willing to help with what ever the need may be (could be simply go close a gate, clear a downed log off the road, clean up a camp site, ...).

It's not easy getting information from our regular contacts because they are furloughed and are not allowed to communicate about things that need to be done. So, I've reached out to Law Enforcement in Mt Hood, Winatchee and BLM Salem. LEO's are still working and may be the best way to hear of current needs.

I'd like to be ready by having some volunteers who are interested.

So post up here!

I just received a phone call from channel 12 news. We did an interview about the gov shutdown and volunteers in the woods. Don't know how much of it will be used. Hope I said the right stuff! Somebody watch it and let me know! I'll be stuck in traffic at that time.

My sister was just out visiting for the holiday's, she's chief of staff for the Forest Service and lives in Arlington, been off work since the furlough. She called a couple days ago and is going bonkers not having to go into work or knowing when she'll be able to. She's been to a couple meetings but only for a few hours, catching up on her sleep and genealogy research.

She'll be okay, in fact contemplating retiring as some have already done since the furlough, knowing her she'll stick it out just so she can get back into the battlefield, she kind of digs being a player in DC but it is pretty stressful.

I think we just need to do the random acts of cleanups as we find them. I really don't think any forest officials will call and ask, but, I'd like to be ready just in case .

I've been watching the Fox 12 news, (I never watch TV!), and just saw the story. Nothing about Trash No Land or our volunteer outreach. I suspected such, because she, Marja, kept asking about trail cleanups, even though I had told her several times that we do cleanups at dispersed shooting sites . She wanted a story about trail volunteers.

So, if anyone goes out shooting, keep an eye out for problem areas and report back so we can help do something about it. If you can deal with it right then, do it. If it's too much, we can get some help. Of course, if it needs law enforcement attention, call them 1st.

Got the back of the truck emptied out this evening finally after cleaning up on the Peak the last 2 weeks. We have a great neighborhood. Once the garbage can is by the road we can all use it. Going to check out some new areas on Saturday.

Personally I'm all for keeping it closed.

If in February I'd be in to help!
Oh yes! Definitely keep it closed . It's the leverage we need to get our wall!

This effort is to show our appreciation for the work our forest officials do and our appreciation for the privilege of recreation as we wish.

Nothing about trying to get it back open until we get our wall! Top priority , in my book!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top