JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am lucky enough to have access to a couple hundred acres in South Salem. I dropped this guy around 8:30 Sunday morning. He was about 230 yards away. I got him with my 6.8 spc II. Not the biggest, but will put some good meat in the freezer. This is my first post, just joined the site and liking it so far.

IMG_1962.JPG IMG_1966.JPG IMG_1956.JPG

I've not been Hunting for some time and I'm always glad to see another who gets the job done! Should be some tasty eating there. :):):)

Forgot to add my congrats, so CONGRATS!!!:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Congratulations on your buck!!! Best eating right there!

When I was a little kid we lived off of venison. My mom braised it in a brown gravy with onions and then canned the result! Oh laudy momma, it was good!

Shoot! I forgot, welcome to the site!!!:)

Last Edited:
Thanks everyone!
As soon as I take a pic of the bullet found under the skin in a great mushroom I'll post it. So far loving the 6.8 for out to about 300 yards on anything deer sized or smaller. If I fill my doe tag in the next few weeks I'll post pics of that one too.

Did you scare it to death? Where is the bullet hole?

There is 5 actually!
First shot hit him in the face, upper shoulder, and stopped at the back of his rib cage with first shot(3 holes). The bullet I recovered. Second shot was a double lung shot pass through (2 holes), DRT. I only took pictures of his pretty side of the face. No eye ball, cheek is gone and other not good stuff.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top