JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I thought it was about time to have Glock owners share with the rest of us about their experiences GOOD and BAD when it comes to glocks. I am interested in any stories you might have, any Glock pics. and DOs and DON'Ts when it comes to Glocks. Any torture testing that has been done, what kinda ammo you like, any customizations etc.
Please don't bash on Glock owners for carrying/owning glocks etc. I just like this to be fun, interesting, and educational. We don't wanna have a fight between the Glock people and the 1911, SIG, S&W etc. owners lol. :s0049:

I have read that in the past when Glocks were first being issued to LAPD that some of their full size Glock 9mm pistols had problems with the slide rail tabs breaking. I also found out that on some Glock 26s and 27s the guide rods chip or snap. Also as many of us glock owners know, your glock will jam if you "limp wrist" it. If you don't hold the pistol nice and firm and shoot, it will shoot and then jam.....
The only two times my Glock jammed was when I shot it "limp wrest" and when I kept the mag out and just put a round in the chamber. I have shot with just one in the chamber and no mag b4 and never had a problem........ so it could have been a freak thing, crappy ammo, maybe didn't hold the gun firm enough as i just did a quick shot, who knows but that has been my experience. :)

I have a Glock 27 that was shipped to Portland, Oregon on Sep. 1999...... all black, it has RCPD (Raccoon City Police Department from Resident Evil and yes I know it was RPD in the movie lol) engraved on the front right. I also have an UMBRELLA CORPORATION logo badge thing on top of my slide. It has the extended mag and slide release, hogue rubber grip, and a plug, to plug up the hole in the grip. I also have 2 Glock 22 mags (15 rounds) with +2 mag expanders so it is 17 rounds of .40 cal. hehehehehe and I made the factory 9 rounder a 11 rounder by adding a grooved +2. I also have Trijicon night sights on that bad boy. YES I do have a name for my Glock, it is ARNI....... hahahahahaha named after the govenator since he is Austrian and so is my Glock :s0155:

rabbit668.jpg
rabbit669.jpg
rabbit674.jpg
rabbit670.jpg
rabbit645.jpg

Maybe I am a rare glock owner (former actually) but have many rounds through various glocks without a single failure except for an occasional operater glitch (not seating the mag). Only reason I switched to SW MP is because I have a smaller hand and the glock grip just didnt fit well enough. I really like my smitty and I think its probably just about as good as the glock, but if glock had an interchangeable backstrap I'd probably switch back.

In the last 20 years I have owned at least one of every major brand of handgun on the market. I'm on my sixth glock right now. Yes, I most definitely am a fan of glocks. I like different brands for different reasons but glocks fit the bill for me in so many ways: workmanship, value, accuracy, reliability. I haven't yet but someday hope to own a glock in every caliber, money well spent.

Maybe I am a rare glock owner (former actually) but have many rounds through various glocks without a single failure except for an occasional operater glitch (not seating the mag). Only reason I switched to SW MP is because I have a smaller hand and the glock grip just didnt fit well enough. I really like my smitty and I think its probably just about as good as the glock, but if glock had an interchangeable backstrap I'd probably switch back.

you might like the new receiver by Lone Wolf.

<broken link removed>

This is just the first.

I own three G30, 32, 23, and some other brands as well.

My experience: my glocks are reliable, fun, never had a hangup of any kind.

One of my experiences? On my "off-hand" I am missing a finger, trigger finger at that :).... anyway, having the need to insure I could shoot even my G30 with my left hand (in case wounded in strong side or any other reason?) I went to testing.

I fired with a strong grip (minus one finger of course) and experienced no problems, so... I decided I should try it "limp wrist".... I ran 4 clips through the gun, slow fire, double tap, triple tap and one clip (just because I could).... rapid fire all with limp wrist. Admittedly, I didn't fair to well on the last clip when it came to accuracy, but the important thing was... no malfunctions of any kind.
So, am I sold on

Glocks? Yep! I'm also sold on my J frame and my .32 and my 357

Glocks are good! The best there is...??? NO! But then they haven't manufactured that gun yet! :)

SR

I've learned that the Glock community is very friendly.... Although I've only had my G27 for 3 days....lol
SOMEONE even gave me a finger extension for free!;) thanx Bigg!....lol

You know, I never feel that appreciative when people give me a "finger extension" :p

I miss my Glock 19 and 17, at the time they just didn't meet the needs I had and wound up being sold or traded, great guns though, never a jam in either one.

I will have to post a pic of this but I own the following (because I can Hillary): G17, G17L, G19, G21, G26, G30 and a G34.

When I was assigned to TF Paladin in Afghanistan they were issued Glock 19's. The U.S. State Department has made the G19 the standard carry for contractors and U.S. Officials designated for a carrying a sidearm.

The Glock is becoming close to the FAL (If it hasn't already surpassed it) for most countries adoption of a common firearm.

Side note: When I had worked for Anderson's Sporting Goods in Corvallis, I had the opportunity to attend a Glock Sales Rep presentation of Glocks durability held at a Gun Club near Portland back in '96 or '97. Anyhooo... we started the event off with a game called bounce the Glock off the side of a panel truck and see who can make land the furthest away. The winner will receive that Glock. Out of about 50 of us there was a winner and we thought it was beaten up, was it... oh no. We all fired about 10-15 rounds each. Some guys were asked to fire as fast as possible others were asked to aim carefully. No problems. That same Glock 17 was snapped into a D-ring on a chain a towed behind a ATV in gravel and around the parking lot. We fired it again. We dunk it in a tank of wet mud. Fired it again. They had a fish tank of salt water (supposed to have been ocean water), who knows and soaked it while we received an hour long class on the Glock. We broke for lunch. We then pulled it out the tank and each proceeded to shoot it again. Then we played horse shoes with it and if you got a ringer you won a hat or T-shirt. After the event the sales rep (who was a Glock armorer) replaced the sights and cleaned it up and transfered the Glock 17 to the original winner of the bounce off the wall game.

That was one beat up pistol and I was sold on Glocks.

Here is also a fun game to play with (Fill in the blank) owners. As they are bashing plastic pistols (of which every gun maker now makes one) ask them to toss there pistol onto the ground. I friend of mine from Bend was bashing Glocks and as he was I tossed mine against a cyclone fence and watched it bounce off and hit the ground. I picked it up, wiped it off and asked him to do the same. He politely said, "No thank you, I see your point", and proceeded to put hiS hIGh end pistol away (of which I own the same model) into the factory case and walked back to his truck quietly. He hasn't bashed Glocks since.

My $.02 and pic to follow.

SF-

That RCPD and the Umbrella Corporation Glock is awesome! I know who to go to when the T-Virus hits.

I plan to get a glock when I have the money and am eligible to buy one (Only 20 atm)
Glocks are nice, a lot of good is said about them.

I think that would be the next best thing after sliced bread and the HEMI engine lol :s0114:

Right now it is just rumor, but Glock did post a teaser poster on their facebook page.

Other rumors are being able to switch mag release from right handed to left handed, not ambi mag release. Different magazines, and not being able to swap uppers with previous generations.

Just have to wait and see until it comes out.

Proud owner of a G23! only around 1K rounds through it so far and the only stovepipe i've had is when my buddies shoot it limp wristed (never happened to me personally). I get looks of concern when i tell people there is no external safety when they are about to shoot it, but i personally like this feature as it puts more responsibility in the shooters hands. That gen. 4 frame looks purdy, especially for me since i'm one of those freak left handers :)

I just like to thank everyone so far for their comments and stories. I also am in favor of no external safety on glocks other then the trigger and keeping your finger off till your ready to shoot them. One less thing to forget about when the monkeys begin to fling poo your way hahahahahaha or maybe I should say when S hits the fan lol anyhoo keep them comments and stories coming and same for pics......... thanks guys:s0155:

Here is a nice video about some guys shooting like 1000 through a glock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_JuF23qazI <----------- part one and through youtube you can see the 2nd part.

Two G19s here (2nd gen purchased in 1993 & 3rd gen w/ Austrian cartouches purchased last year).

Bought the second one when I realized that my wife shoots them well (probably better than me). Also seemed like a good idea to have some commonality between our guns. (plus, I have a bunch of G19 magazines for them).

I probably "like" other guns better, but the G19 is a gun that I feel like I can rely on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top