JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congrats - very nice!
I know, feeling the cost of the ammo. With buying my son his first rifle, a 308, he will burn through 100 rounds in one sitting.
Bought 2K of those 30 Carbine 110gr pills from @galleyjoe, and plan on working up loads for his 308 to run at ~1900fps. Total cost per round will be about 10¢, less than what I can load 223 for.

Oh man I can already see that this shoot is going to cost me money! :confused:o_O
I'll bring a brick for you.... LOL
Cabelas had those Aguilla bricks on sale back in December, came out to something like 3¢ per bullet. $25 is a great deal too.

you could always start reloading to save money:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
ya right. you save 1/2 the cost but shoot twice as much
You lose sight of the objective -- to shoot more. You're (hopefully) shooting a lot more, while saving a ton of money - plus getting to do something very relaxing. Sounds like a 3-way win to me. :)

I'll bring a brick for you.... LOL
Cabelas had those Aguilla bricks on sale back in December, came out to something like 3¢ per bullet. $25 is a great deal too.

Oh I have plenty of .22 and about the same in .308 I was talking about all the toys that I will want when I see what other people have. :confused:

22LR is the best!

100_0020 (4).jpg

Many of you know I dumped the .22lr platform a couple of years ago. Well.......

I got back into it. TBH it was due to the cost of shooting. I LOVE my .308 and my .223 but frankly the cost of ammo keeps me from shooting as much as I like to. So, @LuckySG listed a 10/22 that caught my eye. And I ended up taking her home. I still say the .22lr isn't the best round for much of anything, but I LOVE shooting and tight groups on paper calm me down. I've owned a couple of stock 10/22's and never found much joy. Grabbed a Smith 15-22, again was let down by it's mediocre accuracy.

Hopefully this one has more brains than beauty. But purely on looks, she won my heart! :D

View attachment 422255

Welcome back!!! :)

I love the 22 lr more than anything they are relaxing to shoot ,quiet little recoil so you can see your mistakes. Now I said that what the you know what,, how can anything without so much recoil that you develope flinchitis, get a scope eyebrow and a black and blue where the stock impacts the shoulder be any fun.

Many of you know I dumped the .22lr platform a couple of years ago. Well.......

I got back into it. TBH it was due to the cost of shooting. I LOVE my .308 and my .223 but frankly the cost of ammo keeps me from shooting as much as I like to. So, @LuckySG listed a 10/22 that caught my eye. And I ended up taking her home. I still say the .22lr isn't the best round for much of anything, but I LOVE shooting and tight groups on paper calm me down. I've owned a couple of stock 10/22's and never found much joy. Grabbed a Smith 15-22, again was let down by it's mediocre accuracy.

Hopefully this one has more brains than beauty. But purely on looks, she won my heart! :D

View attachment 422255
If you want the tightest groups reasonable at the longest ranges use SubSonic or Standard Velocity and you will be shocked at the pattern at 100yds and beyond.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top