JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The biggest enemy of tarps is the UV rays from the sun. How about painting or coating the Costco tarps with something that is UV-resistant? If you're thinking about temporary roof repairs specifically, how about a roll of tar paper and a gallon of Henry's roof patch?

As far as combating the wind, fasten them down with a perimeter board/frame of some kind.

Last Edited:
Just rode from Yakima to Moscow, ID and back today and saw a lot of tarps that have been out in that weather for years. They are those that Inland Tarp sells. LOTS of blazing sun in the summer, and COLD and wind in the winter. Those are some darn good tarps.

I used to fish commercially in AK, and Sunbrella is great stuff too. We got some weather there all year round that was..."nautical". (Can't really put a better adjective to it than that).

If you put a layer of Flex Seal on canvas or tarp, it'll make it waterproof and last for a long time. I might try this out myself as I have 2 pieces of cheap HF tarps covering a pile of topsoil on my driveway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top