JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tested a set of reloads based on the Sierra Manual for .223/5.56 in a Wylde chambered AR with the 69gr smk. I have Varget and RL15 at home and decided to do a set of loads with each powder. Today I did the RL15.

I started at 24.7gr and did loads increasing in .2 gr up to the maximum of 25.7gr. None appeared to be compressed or at least not badly.

Shot from the bench supported only on the front on a rest and my hand on the shoulder stock.

M855s that I shot to warm up were shooting 4-6"@100

Overall the reloads were 2-3"@100 but the ones at 24.9gr and 25.1gr were same hole three times in a row. So that is my new load for 69gr SMKs and RL15 in an 18" 1/7 223 Wylde rifle.

If Varget works out tomorrow I will let everyone know as well.

Source: http://accurateshooter.net/Downloads/sierra223ar.pdf

nice , if you get the chance to try 77gr. with 24gr RL15 at 300+yds you should be pleased

have you tried AR Comp ?.....a lot like RL15 but give a touch more velocity , its real nice

nice , if you get the chance to try 77gr. with 24gr RL15 at 300+yds you should be pleased

have you tried AR Comp ?.....a lot like RL15 but give a touch more velocity , its real nice

I might try them. I bought 1200 75 Amax this week so that is going to be my bullet of choice, but the 69SMKs are EVERYWHERE and I know I can get them so I thought that would be a good backup bullet.

ARComp... OK might give it a try. I love RL10x in my .204 so I thought I would try RL15.

Varget seems to get the best nod from most folks at this time.

Surprisingly the most accurate for me were not at the higher velocities, where with my 204 it was almost at the very top of the range. Each gun is different which is why I like the Audette Ladder so much for developing a load.

69gr are my favorite even out to 600y.

I have loaded a ton of 75's in the hpbt and just could never get what I wanted out of them. I have never tried the Amax but I hear nothing but good about them....can you load those mag length or do they run a little long with the ballistic tip ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top