Buster Beaver Cerakote
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Gun Deals
J&B Firearm Sales
Defensive Arts
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Southwest Firearms Forum
Low Price Guns

Good places to shoot east on 26? Between PDX and the grasslands?

Reactions
I’m trying to go shooting this weekend, and I’m sick of going to North Fork or the Estecada bubblegum show. I want to go east on 26, but will be driving a Camry so I’m limited on accessibility. I’m new to posting, but have been lurking for a while so I apologize if this post is widely-asked/ against rules.

Just looking for a spot I could make it to that isn’t the local tweaker dump. (I realize people are hesitant to give up their spots because of bubblegums, completely understandable).

nwslopoke

Reactions
If you are in Portland I would recommend The English Pit in Vancouver and call it a day. Yes, It might cost up to $20 but they used to be open all year and even if one of the ranges are closed there are still a few other available. I have actually wasted a few days by not finding an empty spot on my last few outings to the woods. People not being willing to share spots at Wolf Creek and tractors blocking a few other areas I've tried. Good luck finding a spot.

OP
S
Reactions
I
If you are in Portland I would recommend The English Pit in Vancouver and call it a day. Yes, It might cost up to $20 but they used to be open all year and even if one of the ranges are closed there are still a few other available. I have actually wasted a few days by not finding an empty spot on my last few outings to the woods. People not being willing to share spots at Wolf Creek and tractors blocking a few other areas I've tried. Good luck finding a spot.

I drove up to the English Pit a couple months back and It didn’t seem very ideal. I go shooting with a friend who is still getting accustomed to shooting, so I like to have some space for just us. Plus it’s just fun to blast off and mag dump. I found a couple quarries on Maps through the Oregon Forestry pdf that look somewhat hopeful so fingers crossed.

3putts

Reactions
Many years ago (I don't live in the area now), I used to go toward Wemme and turn on Main Park Road. Not sure it still exists after all these years, but there was a gravel pit on the Salmon River with lots of safe shooting areas. Gotta remember, this was in the 1970's. Good luck.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Idaho Arms and Ammo
    5.00 star(s)
    Picked up a Ruger revolver last year from there. Works good. Staff listened to what I was looking for and showed alternatives, but didn't try to...
    • Zathras
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    I enjoy this local indoor range, they have lots of fun guns to rent and try out. They also have a gun store if you want to purchase something.
    • wa2020
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online