JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to go shooting this weekend, and I'm sick of going to North Fork or the Estecada bubblegum show. I want to go east on 26, but will be driving a Camry so I'm limited on accessibility. I'm new to posting, but have been lurking for a while so I apologize if this post is widely-asked/ against rules.

Just looking for a spot I could make it to that isn't the local tweaker dump. (I realize people are hesitant to give up their spots because of bubblegums, completely understandable).

If you are in Portland I would recommend The English Pit in Vancouver and call it a day. Yes, It might cost up to $20 but they used to be open all year and even if one of the ranges are closed there are still a few other available. I have actually wasted a few days by not finding an empty spot on my last few outings to the woods. People not being willing to share spots at Wolf Creek and tractors blocking a few other areas I've tried. Good luck finding a spot.

I
If you are in Portland I would recommend The English Pit in Vancouver and call it a day. Yes, It might cost up to $20 but they used to be open all year and even if one of the ranges are closed there are still a few other available. I have actually wasted a few days by not finding an empty spot on my last few outings to the woods. People not being willing to share spots at Wolf Creek and tractors blocking a few other areas I've tried. Good luck finding a spot.

I drove up to the English Pit a couple months back and It didn't seem very ideal. I go shooting with a friend who is still getting accustomed to shooting, so I like to have some space for just us. Plus it's just fun to blast off and mag dump. I found a couple quarries on Maps through the Oregon Forestry pdf that look somewhat hopeful so fingers crossed.

Many years ago (I don't live in the area now), I used to go toward Wemme and turn on Main Park Road. Not sure it still exists after all these years, but there was a gravel pit on the Salmon River with lots of safe shooting areas. Gotta remember, this was in the 1970's. Good luck.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top