JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you happen to be in Vancouver outside of Sunday or Monday, I would suggest stopping inside Sporting Systems downtown - get yourself a free coffee and red bull while you browse. You can pick yourself up a Spikes Lightweight Nickel Boron BCG.

Depends on what you mean by "Portland".....

J&B Firearms in Beaverton always has a good selection of handguns and NFA stuff
NW Armory in Milwaukie has a good selection of most anything non-NFA
99 Pawn in Oak Grove has a bunch of used guns
Keith's out in Gresham has a great selection, but isn't great for information and chit-chat

As you can see, none of these stores are in Portland. But they're in the greater surrounding metro area, so depending on where you're at you can probably find at least one to go to!

In my humble opinion, Keith's Sporting Goods is the best LGS in Portland. It happens to be way out in Gresham, but prices are rock bottom and they never give the stupid answers to questions bad gun stores are infamous for. They seem really quite even-handed, in that they don't push certain brands or platforms. On the other hand, they're also a bit aloof and dispassionate. You're not going to get a lot of yucks there. They won't ignore you, though. As long as you wait patiently, they'll always get to you.

Do you know what you want or do you want to kick around different options and yak at the guy behind the counter?

I use to recommend Gun Broker off 82nd Driver, but last time I went in there, they had very little selection of new and a limited selection of used. Prices still seemed good and I did find a couple of used hunting rifles I would have taken home had I been in the market. Sportsman's Warehouse off 82nd Ave is good for chatting, assuming they are not too busy. I've always found the staff to be knowledgeable enough to carry on an intelligent conversation with. I like NW Armory (off 99E) and have purchased a few firearms from them. They are usually busy, but I've always found the sales people willing to take time with the customer. If I am just looking, I usually tell them to help someone else until I am ready to by. They aren't the place for deals (frankly I don't know of any place that has "deals" Bi-Mart is about the best price locally but have a very limited selection). NW Armory has a great, knowledgeable staff and their stock is very hard to beat. If you know what you're looking for and just want to buy it at a good price and then go, Keith's off of Powell is a great place for that. The staff isn't the most talkative, mainly because they are just very busy. I've never had bad service from them, but then again I am usually happy just looking around until I find something I want to buy. I don't like chatting and fondling every gun under the sun. I usually have a few options in my head, handle those and then purchase. Keith's is good for this and usually have good prices. It's a driver for me and NW Armory is way easier to get too.

In my humble opinion, Keith's Sporting Goods is the best LGS in Portland. It happens to be way out in Gresham, but prices are rock bottom and they never give the stupid answers to questions bad gun stores are infamous for. They seem really quite even-handed, in that they don't push certain brands or platforms. On the other hand, they're also a bit aloof and dispassionate. You're not going to get a lot of yucks there. They won't ignore you, though. As long as you wait patiently, they'll always get to you.

Ditto on Keith's!
However, they are busy! Have what you want or want to know on the tip of your tongue! They won't fool around with you if your a time waster! I'm with them to the nth degree! I don't want to stand around waiting for you to spit it out either! If you just want to fondle guns I suggest a box store like Cabalas or Sportsmans!:)

Based on what everyone else has said and my personal opinion, I think the answer is there isn't a great gun store in Portland, you want to go to Milwaukee.

Kurt's and 99 Pawn and gun are both great shops. 99 pawn doesn't have a huge selection but they'll definitely work with you on the price if you're interested in something. Gunbroker on 82nd was once my favorite gun shop, but their used selection hasn't knocked my socks off the last few times. Then there's NW Armory down the road too, I've never been impressed by their prices or selection but it's right there. I bet they're all within 10 miles of each other, I try to make that circuit once a month.

I know it isn't local, but Sportsman's warehouse has good prices and they have a load of guns to check out. Also rumor has it that Cabela's matches prices on new guns. They have good service too. Not local if that is your primary thing though.

Hmm, never related to that 'till now. Portland doesn't have a gun shop. A few pawn shops that have a few used guns I guess, though the few occasions I've been in one to see the guns they have, well worn and Hi Point come to mind!

I would highly recommend The Gun Room on 55th and Foster in Porkland! Everyone needs to stop in that store at least once!

:)
Isn't that the place owned by Warren who, when the AWB subsetted, said on camera that no one needs to own a "thug gun" like an AR15 or AKM/47? The place where, last time I checked listed their rifles above retail because the have "good service"...at least that is what the guy told me.

But then again, maybe things have changed?

Hey! Yeah, Portland DOES have a gun store. I'd forgot.

OP, be sure and get a review of The Gun Room before you stop in, K?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top