JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm at the age where I have plenty of guns and ammo. Now I'm reaching out to gas masks and night vision. I do not know the first thing about gas masks other than I have my old tanker mask from the early 90's in a dufflebag. Probably no idea where to get a filter and its the one that plugs into the equipment and the tube goes into a bag. I wants a few masks and filters. What are the good ones that wont break the bank, and oh yeah, I wear glasses so that's important to know.

Depends on your budget. Be sure the mask uses the 40mm Nato Filter.

A popular option is the Israeli civilian gas mask.

I have the German M65 and like it... but I hear it has seal issues for those with narrower "English" faces.

Try to buy new, but if not possible pick one up from a reputable dealer. Inspect the mask for any cracks, leaks, and proper seal.

You won't be able to wear any glasses while wearing a gas mask. You can purchase prescription inserts for the mask.

Wait until this virus debacle is over, your not going to find anything worthwhile at a reasonable price anywhere currently.

Pretty much anything that uses screw in cartridge type filters. NATO stuff.

Also, as an aside, not really worthwhile either. Unless you & yours are setup as a standalone self sufficient homestead / mutual assistance type system.

Think about the reasons why you, as individuals would have to utilize full on MOP gear...not reasonable/worthwhile.

Whereas the reasons to use far simpler personal protection would be worthwhile. Volcanic ash/dust vs CBN agents. One you readily could see & address, while the others you would have ZERO idea about the incident...

3m 3800 is what I consider the best civilian type model. Not cheap. Worth every penny.

Can cv enter your ear canal then progress far past the Eustachian tube and finally into your brain?

Ah, probably no harm with this minor organ.

Ear plugs 'might' be in order though, I'm not sure, but it's gonna be even more difficult to drive and text...oh yeah, wearing gloves is also a must, so there's that to consider...

This new world is a doozy ain't it?

Injust sold 5 masks to set hp two solid ones.

If you intend on shooting with it you want one that has the filter on the side. Avon makes a really solid mask that you can swap the filter left to right. I use a current issue M40 for that reason.

I just ordered a Scott AV3000 yesterday because i drive for a living prefer that due to the unrestricted field of vision. They aslo sell 40mm nato adapters so you can use standard filters.

Stay away from surplus masks unless you know how to service them. Cracks, seals, and diaphragms could render it useless.

Filters
As was stated before, 40mm NATO is the way to go. There are endless filter types. That serve different purposes.

P100 or P3(the European equivalent) will deal with most your day to day particulate stuff, upto viruses. For this i keep the MIRA ParticleMax P3 Virus Filter. They are a little pricey, however they make the only filters that i am aware of with a 20 year shelf life.

Next is the 3M CP3N filter is essentially identical to the previous one except it is also rated for tear gas. I keep one of these tso filters on my mask as they are the most likely thing I'd need to use. They both run 25-30 dollars per can.

Then there is the worst case scenario, for that you want a CBRN(chemical Biological radiological nuclear) filter. You can get them for about $40 and they have about a 5-8 year shelf life. Because it is extremely unlikely that i will need them i invested in the MIRA filters because of their 20 year shelf life. Once they are open the activated charcoal goes to work and their usefulness deteriorates with year if i remember correctly.

You're looking to spend $700-1500 for a solid set up with a few days worth of filters

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top