JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just wanted to let you guys know that I had what I consider to be a good experience at Northwest Armory in Milwaukie. I had already made my mind up after several weeks of research, but I was having trouble finding exactly what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.

NW Armory has an on-line shopping feature that allows you to look at just about any kind of firearm you desire. Order it on line and then go do the paperwork. The weapon I purchased was in within 24 hours and when I went to get it I was served by courteous, attentive employees.

They have a huge selection of firearms on site, and if you want to talk "guns" with them they will happily do that. Anyway, good deal on the weapon and a pleasant experience. You just don't find that all that often.

That's great that you had a good experience. These types of experiences are becoming more rare it seems like. I have always enjoyed going in this place.

Wife and I went there last year mid panic and purchased two firearms. The place was packed, but we always had someone to wait on us, even me being wishy-washy about what I wanted to get. The were patient, calm and collected, answered all my questions and pulled about 8 different handguns out of the case. The only hold up was waiting for the BGC to come through, the lady got side tracked, so I politely went and asked how long it would be. She was extremely apologetic and told me my "okay" had come in about 10 minutes prior, but she had been side tracked. I went back a few weeks later for ammunition and got the same service as before.

My wife and I went there Saturday and the place was packed to the gills. I knew what I wanted before I walked in the door so I went and stood in front of the soon to be mine SR22 in the case. Took around 7-10 minutes to get help, but as I said it was packed so wasnt a bad wait. I dont expect them to leave another customer for me. I told the guy what I wanted and he dug out the pistol and the paperwork. I forgot my reading glasses so my wife filled out the paperwork in her name. The guy took us to the girl that takes the money I paid she said the wait was a bit long for the bgc 20-30 minutes. Againg not too bad considering the crowd in there. So wwe went to look around the store and I swear wasnt but about 3 minutes they called my wifes name and we were out the door. My wife must be an angel in the eyes of the gubment. Anyway that was the first gun i bought there and might not be the last. Like stated above great selection decent prices ammo is a bit on the high side imo but they have whatever youre looking for. Overall a great purchase experiance for me.

We've only purchased one gun there, but it's a regular stop on a gun fondling day. We've always had good service there though, even when the place was bustling and we weren't buying.

It's got to be tough on people in this biz. Thousands of people wanting help NOW, it's got to be hard at times to smile and be up-beat I bet.

They're a pretty decent shop over all. I don't consider myself a gun expert, but there have been times that the person on the other side of the counter seemed to be confused by even a simple question I would expect most gun folks to know, especially in a gun store. They're usually friendly and give decent service. Better than some other shops in the metro area to be sure.

I have purchased three firearms from them and would gladly do so again. It's the ONLY shop in the entire Portland metro area I have been in where I wasn't treated like a second-class citizen.

I've only purchased one firearm from them, but have been in a couple times. No matter how busy they are I've always received great customer service and they usually have a great selection and prices.

If I were to buy in oregon again They would be my first stop

My wife and I went there Saturday and the place was packed to the gills. I knew what I wanted before I walked in the door so I went and stood in front of the soon to be mine SR22 in the case. Took around 7-10 minutes to get help, but as I said it was packed so wasnt a bad wait. I dont expect them to leave another customer for me. I told the guy what I wanted and he dug out the pistol and the paperwork. I forgot my reading glasses so my wife filled out the paperwork in her name. The guy took us to the girl that takes the money I paid she said the wait was a bit long for the bgc 20-30 minutes. Againg not too bad considering the crowd in there. So wwe went to look around the store and I swear wasnt but about 3 minutes they called my wifes name and we were out the door. My wife must be an angel in the eyes of the gubment. Anyway that was the first gun i bought there and might not be the last. Like stated above great selection decent prices ammo is a bit on the high side imo but they have whatever youre looking for. Overall a great purchase experiance for me.

That sounds like a straw purchase..

Only if he wasnt otherwise legal to possess that firearm.

This was brought to the courts and I recall it being ruled that the intent of the law was to prevent felons from haing firearms purchased for them by non-felons.

This came up with an east coast retired police officer used his discount to buy a pistol for his uncle.

We have always been treated with courtesy at NWA. I took a family friend in for her first handgun, they were extra friendly, courteous and helpful. We both appreciated it and she left with a sweet little, used Security Six and confidence that she had made the best purchase possible. Also, two boxes of .38spl wadcuters and a box of .357 125gr HP's.

I have purchased three firearms from them and would gladly do so again. It's the ONLY shop in the entire Portland metro area I have been in where I wasn't treated like a second-class citizen.

Frontline Arms in Beaverton doesn't have the selection Northwest Armory does, but they have better service. If they don't have something in stock it seems like they can get it in quick. In my case, I was able to go in the very next day and pick up the gun I ordered, at a price cheaper than I could find even online. These are the only two stores I will buy from locally...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top