JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have 3 of the Gen 1 Redi-Mag units on my guns. One of them has a broke screw and there are 2 different styles. One style uses "regular" screws into a very thin lock nut and the hardware is the same finish as the unit. The other style has a milled and threaded block that uses hex head screws. The second style is the one that is broke and I can remove the block and use the other style.

I contacted the company, who still sells this product and they advised me that these are common screws and to pick some up at the hardware store. While I could do that, I am not aware of anywhere that has matching finish hardware or very thin lock nuts.

I am not feeling very impressed with their customer service. Are my expectations too high that they should offer me new hardware even if I have to pay for it? I have attached the email exchange.

Just about any hardware store would have those screws readily available. They just need to be the right length with a nut to fit on the end.

Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2022 11:48 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: New submission from Contact

Name
John Nokes
Email
[email protected]
Phone
(509) 680-1339
I have a couple of Gen 1 Redi-mag units. One of them has a broken screw. How can I get a couple of new screws?

Thank you,
John

Meh. I wouldn't call it bad, but it's not above and beyond for sure. If it were my company, You would have a pack in the mail to fix the broken one, with a few spares for good measure and a 10% coupon towards a future purchase.

They could have at least told you what the right length, diameter and thread pitch was. That was a lazy response.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top