Good borescope?

Reactions

RVTECH

Reactions
Take a small piece of white paper and fold it into the open breech so light can get to it.

Hold the breech toward a source of light.

Peer down the muzzle.

If you can live without magnification you should be able to see the entire bore, especially if cleaned prior to doing this it should be bright and clear.

'Old school' but effective and free!

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
  • Law Around Here
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2018
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2016
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2015
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2020
What about it did you think came up short?
Honestly, i really need to get it out again and try it, but initially, for the quick couple of minutes i used it, it was just a focus issue - i don't remember it looking as good as the shots posted for that Teslong.

Reactions
I bought one of these and am very impressed.

I wound up getting this version which includes a WiFi adapter so it will work with my iPhone: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0813D65MD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

Supposed to get here sometime tomorrow. Nice thing about Amazon Prime is ease of return if I don't like it. I think it's probably the best choice in an affordable price range.

Reactions
Take a small piece of white paper and fold it into the open breech so light can get to it.

Hold the breech toward a source of light.

Peer down the muzzle.

If you can live without magnification you should be able to see the entire bore, especially if cleaned prior to doing this it should be bright and clear.

'Old school' but effective and free!
I've done that for years, even used a thumbnail to reflect the light. Vision changes are making it more difficult to see the detail I want, and they are useful for non-firearm tasks as well.

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
  • Law Around Here
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2018
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2016
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2015
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2020
Anyone care to post any images from the Teslong? I'm curious, i'll get my endosnake out and try and post some pics for a comparison.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
Top Bottom