JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Primary Arms Micro.

july12build01.jpg

I really like the vortex strikefire but the primary arms red dot is smaller and lighter for the price. I think there might be a deal on the strikefire right now if you use this deal:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/gr...tate-armory-vortex-strikefire-$50-00-off.html

The vortex has the red and green dot or only one color depending on what you want. If i didn't have bad eyes i would totally get just the micro red dot from primary arms.

I would change the title to "An OK red dot for under $150" since that's about what I expect of any optics under $150
I have a TruGlo that isn't bad.I did mount that on my Buckmark though.
And I bought on of those chinese EoTec knock offs,that is at the local gun store for sale.
I would at least go for or look at, the above mentioned Vortex,as they are pretty good for the money

Strikefire is the way to go. Have one and I really like it. Also they have their own 3x flip to side magnifier and mount for only $250 that goes with it. Way cheaper than any other combo and probably just as well for most applications.

First sight that came to my head when reading the title is vortex strikefire and then noticed everyone said pretty much the same thing. Another great idea is finding something used. Ive seen some good deals for 100 or less like a burris fastfire 2, Barska IR M16 electro sight red dot, and I purchased an eotech clone off ebay several years ago and it is well made and holds zero on a sks with over 1,000 rounds.

The Barska used to be more expensive but sells for under $100 shipped on Amazon now - <broken link removed> .

I used to use it on my AR15 before picking up an eotech from a friend for a really good deal. Now it is used on my M&P 15-22 and I absolutely love it.

If you insist on the "good" part, m'fraid such a thing does not exist.

Look for a used Aimpoint Comp or Pro. If "crappy," or "cheap," or "sub-standard," are acceptable, see above.

;-)

If you insist on the "good" part, m'fraid such a thing does not exist.

Look for a used Aimpoint Comp or Pro. If "crappy," or "cheap," or "sub-standard," are acceptable, see above.

;-)

This cracks me up....for two reasons.

1. I would lay odds you've never used one, and just spouting off because "it's not an Aimpoint"

2. Everyone's definition of "good" is different.

PA dot's aren't expensive, but they aren't "cheap". They hold zero, take abuse and just plain work. Are we comparing it to an Aimpoint? LOL, no, not even close. The glass isn't as clear, battery life is a joke in comparison and you can run an Aimpoint over with a tank and it will still work. What they will do is work just fine for 99% of the internet commandos that are on this board and only shoot during the summer at broken TVs @ 25 yards up at Memaloose.

I used one of their dots on my SLR as a trial before I went to a T1 Aimpoint...well, I couldn't kill the PA dot, so it never got replaced.

I'm using an el-cheapo Walther PS-22. Yea, it's designed for a 22LR ar-15...holds it's zero just fine. The mount is not the greatest, but with a little bit of blue loc-tite, it's been great. With a $150 budget, you can do much better.

I shoot 55gr .223/5.56 with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads