JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
whether he was with or against the 2A is beside the point to me at this junction of life. What he did was heroic and gave a lot of us something to look up to when we were young. It was one of those things that allowed all of us to say hey I can do anything.

RIP John

But of course! I just sent my one year old grandson a rocket play tent (his mom and dad can squeeze in there with him) and a big picture book about space travel.

Those are so cool! We really wish we had been aware of them when the grandkids were little! :D

When I was a kid my folks wallpapered my room with the old National Geography maps that came with the magazines! Large, detailed maps. I had a particularly large map of the cosmos on the ceiling above my bed, and another equally large world map in the center of the biggest wall. Every inch of my room had a map on it, no gaps! :) I got straight A's in geography, a class I took as often as it was offered! :D

Funny that Sarge...

I was closing in on my bachelor's degree and had to add a few last-minute lower division classes (millenials bristle when I call it junior college... those self-important douchebags) and Geography 101 was one of them. Working full time, taking full time undergrad courses, PLUS 3 more community college classes would've killed me. So I jumped on the opportunity to test out of Geography - the one class I really wanted to take! I'd be happy to take it now, decades later, maybe after I retire next year.

Back to John Glenn, I can imagine few things more amazing than to circle above the earth, day or night (both of which occur every 90 minutes in orbit). Now that we have some real Y chromosomes (and meaningful X's) coming back into political power, NASA may well stand a chance to be resurrected from mothballs. And our grandchildren might just get a chance to float in space and witness some of the wonders that Glenn and a very tiny select club (536) got to see first hand.

You dig the kid's rocket tent? Get one and sit in it with your enkelkinder of any age! (If you can - I'd need an assist after 5 minutes sitting cross-legged to come out and stand up again!)

aurora borealis.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews