JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

The stories could go on and on....
Well, the thread title is about "risky" loads, by which I thought you meant reloads other than your own or really old ammo in which case I stand by my initial statement.
That said, I recently read that ammo manufacturers have a 0.01% failure rate. 1/100th of a percent of what they make has a bad primer, not enough powder or too much powder etc. The article didn't say how many of those rounds are caught before they leave the factory but the implication is 0.01% is what they caught. Over the decades, I've run into bad primers in WWB, American Eagle, UMC and S&B to name a few. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to report it after the first few complaints. I imagine, a lot of folks feel the same way so a lot more defective factory ammo goes unreported.
However, over a million rounds they have 100 stinkers and I guess that would make any and all ammo "risky".
So wear gloves if it makes you feel safer.:s0092:

We use Showa/Atlas 370's at work.
I love 'em for shooting gloves.

You're not going to have much shrapnel protection, but they are grippy and allow for very good dexterity.
715RltxHaYL._AC_SS450_.jpg

I used to work with a guy….. he would hold up meetings well past their intended end time just asking questions. Random questions that were all over the place regardless of the meeting agenda. You could see him sit there and look up and just kind of stare off into space to think of another question. My dad used to refer to people like him as someone that talks just to hear their head rattle. :D

My wife works in gov and you would be truly angered, if you saw all the random non-work related discussions that occur during taxpayer funded "meetings".

The great thing about NWFA "meetings" is you are free to come and go as you please. No need to wait for meeting to end.

I would have to waste 30-60 minutes every day in "standups". These were status meetings every morning where each person was supposed to say what they did yesterday, what they were going to do today, and was there anything blocking them that they needed to share. They were supposed to take no more than 60 seconds to do so. If there needed to be a discussion about any of these, then the discussion would be done afterwards as an "aside" between interested necessary parties only so the rest of us could go on about our day.

Invariably half the people would take 5-10 minutes to discuss each item in detail and then launch into debates/discussions. :mad:

We were supposed to standup during these so that they would not last long.

I am so glad I am retired now.

So many meetings/etc. could be done in an email or in some kind of software so that people don't need to attend so many meetings. The last 6 months or so of my job at Daimler, I had to attend two status meetings every morning because I worked with two dev teams in two offices. I usually did this via phone, which usually allowed me to work on my tasks while listening to people prattle on about their days/tasks/etc.

I am interested to know if those recommending a string and a vice, have attempted that method at TCGC? I am guessing it wouldn't go over well with the range officers.
Range? Range officer? What's that??

Ohhh... you mean the youngest son that always has to chase down stray brass in the dirt that missed the shooting tarp?

Official "range officer"! He's gonna love that! :D

(Only range I know and use is called "The Cascades") ;)

My wife works in gov and you would be truly angered, if you saw all the random non-work related discussions that occur during taxpayer funded "meetings".

The great thing about NWFA "meetings" is you are free to come and go as you please. No need to wait for meeting to end.
No, I assume all government meetings are non work related discussions.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads