Glock Single Action Trigger

Reno

Reactions
This could be a really cool thing, or a scary thing.

Timney has eliminated the double action part of the a Glock trigger pull. With this trigger, it will act like other striker fired guns where the striker is fully cocked and pulling the trigger does not finish cocking the striker and release it.

That is one of the safeties of the Glock.

It appears the striker plunger safety is still present, otherwise this trigger might make the gun pretty unsafe drop wise.

They claim a 3 pound pull.

Might be a pretty damn good replacement trigger over other options.

GlockAlpha-ProductImage-C__78528.1610640718.png

TTSX

Reactions
I'm inclined to believe it's an ok product since it says "timney." Might be real weird to shoot a glock with this as we're all so used to how glock triggers feel like glock triggers

bbbass

Reactions
Johnnyglocks.com made one of these by putting the crucible edge very close to the drop off on the trigger housing IMO w/o a manual safety, that is not a good idea. I want all four parts of the "Safe Action" trigger if I am really expecting a Glock to be safe. But I'd love the feel of a single action trigger on a Glock.... put a manual safety on it like my Ruger SR9c (which has a Glock-licensed trigger) and I'd go for it.

Reactions
Not a huge difference from the Glock partially pre-cocked design. I've seen various figures thrown out over the years that the Glock is anywhere from 80-95% pre-cocked, and there's very little cocking that the "safe action" trigger does when pulled.

Springfield XD's were billed as single action, until they realized that police agencies were scared off by the term "single action"

It has the trigger shoe safety and the firing pin block so its unlikely to fire if dropped, and the center dongus in the trigger shoe *should* prevent rearward travel by inertia. A 3.5lb trigger is light for my tastes on a defensive gun - 4.5lb is where I feel comfortable on the lighter end, even with a 1911.

This is still probably more drop safe than a P320 trigger :s0108:

Its a neat piece of engineering.

titsonritz

Reactions
The new Alpha Competition Series of triggers is Timney’s latest overnight success – 75 years in the making.

First in the Alpha Series line-up is a replacement trigger for the Glock Generation 3 and 4 pistols.

How is it "75 years in the making" if Glock has only been around for 38 years? :s0092:

Sixsa

Reactions
I don't see anything on the product page that talks about how it's like a traditional single action. Someone give me a link or place to look.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom