JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This could be a really cool thing, or a scary thing.

Timney has eliminated the double action part of the a Glock trigger pull. With this trigger, it will act like other striker fired guns where the striker is fully cocked and pulling the trigger does not finish cocking the striker and release it.

That is one of the safeties of the Glock.

It appears the striker plunger safety is still present, otherwise this trigger might make the gun pretty unsafe drop wise.

They claim a 3 pound pull.

Might be a pretty damn good replacement trigger over other options.

GlockAlpha-ProductImage-C__78528.1610640718.png

I'm inclined to believe it's an ok product since it says "timney." Might be real weird to shoot a glock with this as we're all so used to how glock triggers feel like glock triggers

Johnnyglocks.com made one of these by putting the crucible edge very close to the drop off on the trigger housing IMO w/o a manual safety, that is not a good idea. I want all four parts of the "Safe Action" trigger if I am really expecting a Glock to be safe. But I'd love the feel of a single action trigger on a Glock.... put a manual safety on it like my Ruger SR9c (which has a Glock-licensed trigger) and I'd go for it.

Not a huge difference from the Glock partially pre-cocked design. I've seen various figures thrown out over the years that the Glock is anywhere from 80-95% pre-cocked, and there's very little cocking that the "safe action" trigger does when pulled.

Springfield XD's were billed as single action, until they realized that police agencies were scared off by the term "single action"

It has the trigger shoe safety and the firing pin block so its unlikely to fire if dropped, and the center dongus in the trigger shoe *should* prevent rearward travel by inertia. A 3.5lb trigger is light for my tastes on a defensive gun - 4.5lb is where I feel comfortable on the lighter end, even with a 1911.

This is still probably more drop safe than a P320 trigger :s0108:

Its a neat piece of engineering.

The new Alpha Competition Series of triggers is Timney's latest overnight success – 75 years in the making.

First in the Alpha Series line-up is a replacement trigger for the Glock Generation 3 and 4 pistols.

How is it "75 years in the making" if Glock has only been around for 38 years? :s0092:

I don't see anything on the product page that talks about how it's like a traditional single action. Someone give me a link or place to look.

I was contemplating one of those. What exactly is not "drop safe"? If thats the case I might need to rethink...
This trigger defeats internal safeties built into the pistol design. Glocks in OEM form are 100% drop safe, there is no physical way for the striker to move forward without depressing the trigger. This new design that defeats that is something I'd never consider. But I can see where it would be advantageous for competitive shooting.

You mean like the shelf the triggerbar sits on? Does it not still retain the firing pin block?
Don't know, I didn't see anything in their description about how it works. I'm gonna look into it more when I'm off work. Based on the description in the OP it sounds a little sketchy for anything other than a competitive controlled environment.

I was contemplating one of those. What exactly is not "drop safe"? If thats the case I might need to rethink...
It eliminates one of the two internal safeties. The striker block is still fully functional. As is the trigger dingus. It's not not safe, but it's less than it was. The dingus can go rearward under the force of a drop, as could the trigger, as seen in the famous Sig pistols, so....

Moral of the story, don't drop it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads