JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock was not the first polymer pistol. Not even close. H&K gets those honors.
The polymer frame is not the only detail that sets the Glock apart. Its the frame, striker fire mech., elimination of external safety switches, the use of very few moving parts, ergonomics, reliability, etc. These are the features that S&W and others have been chasing for over 20 years.

Sorry but S&W perfected the "Poly Gun" with the M&P line. The M&P is a far better firearm then the Glock. I have had both and currently own both and really can't stand the Glock. I just wish S&W would make one that is comparable in size to the Glock 19. Instead they have the G17 size and the G26 size (for the most part) and nothing in between. The G19 is the most popular gun made and why S&W doesn't step up is beyond me.

What are the qualifications that you refer to when you say "S&W perfected the "Poly Gun" with the M&P line. The M&P is a far better firearm then the Glock"?

What are the qualifications that you refer to when you say "S&W perfected the "Poly Gun" with the M&P line. The M&P is a far better firearm then the Glock"?

Shoot the 2 side by side. The glock is like holding a brick and the M&P conforms to the hand, it was made to be held. You can actually shoot +P ammo out of it without risk of the barrel blowing up since it doesn't have the thin wall barrel. One last thing, it is American made.
Sorry I am bias and yes it is because I shoot left with the Glock and Gaston Glock is an American hater.

Oh man , why does it always turn into this, appreciate all firearms for what they are, none are perfect….nitpicky
No one is a bigger grip snob than me, I shoot CZ’s , ALL other service pistol grips pale in comparison….but I can make a Glock work for its intended job and do it without whining about the grip. It’s called Adapt and Overcome, give it a try

+p ammo ? I shoot 180 grain xtp's at 1250 fps 624 ft/lbs from a Glock sub compact.....beyond +p.....and that is just a mid-hot load.....there is data for 200 grain , over 1250fps and over 700 ft/lbs, people shoot them from factory Glocks all the time

I'm just messing around, I forgot you can't get people riled up on this forum or the moderators will penalize you. I think it's funny to watch the Glock Fan Boys on forums get pissed off and see what they type.
You are right the CZ's have an awsome grip though.

I'm just messing around, I forgot you can't get people riled up on this forum or the moderators will penalize you. I think it's funny to watch the Glock Fan Boys on forums get pissed off and see what they type.
You are right the CZ's have an awsome grip though.

I'm not a mod, a fan boy or pissed, I just call it the way I see it and yes CZ's are superior weapons lol....I picked up my very first Glock 3 weeks ago. Took about 100 rounds to get used to it. Carry it everyday because I like to think I can shoot anything that has a trigger, no matter the grip, chamber support, barrel thickness, coolness or country of origin, if it can put a hole in something I can shoot it.

Sheesh people, can't we just get along? Some people say brand X is better than brand Y because it fits their hand better. It just makes brand X a better gun for that person. If you don't like brand X - don't buy it - it's that simple! That's why there are so many gun manufacturers and so many models - there is not an ideal gun for ALL tasks. With that said, when the Glock first came out, my thoughts were; "What an ugly gun, a gun made out of plastic - that's sacrilegious, I'll never own one!" I now own 4 Glocks, besides my Rugers, Smiths, and wait for it....... 1911s! I buy what's right for me, and don't tell other people my gun is better than theirs - because they probably bought what was right for them. Peace out. :peace:

I'm not a mod, a fan boy or pissed, I just call it the way I see it and yes CZ's are superior weapons lol....I picked up my very first Glock 3 weeks ago. Took about 100 rounds to get used to it. Carry it everyday because I like to think I can shoot anything that has a trigger, no matter the grip, chamber support, barrel thickness, coolness or country of origin, if it can put a hole in something I can shoot it.

Really, anyone can shoot a gun and put a hole in something. I would be willing to bet a monkey with a note in his mouth can shoot and put a hole in something, doesn't mean he is going to carry a gun.
I carry and shoot what is comfortable. Of all the guns I have owned the Glock is the most uncomfortable for me and the M&P series has been the best, for me.

CZ's may be a superior weapon for you but I like my M&P's and I believe they are to me.

I will admit I have never owned a CZ but I will go out and buy one and see if I like. What model do you suggest? Either 9mm or .45ACP.

personally i have never really had a problem with glocks, I have owned a G21 and really had no issues with it other than it was bulky and fully loaded it was heavy to carry. To each thier own. My problem is glock owners that act like its the only pistol worth owning. I guess the upside for these people is that the Hk fanboys are even more annoying than them! To get back on topic the only reason i see prices of glucks being where they are is pure demand. Anyone who has never owned a firearm is told to buy a glock because thier "Safe Action System" and "Glock perfection" (both marketing ploys) and with guns flying off the shelves prices are holding up on them. As far as accuracy they are fine just like most weapons in capable hands, Im willing to bet most the people claiming 1911's are inaccurate are the same people i see at the range with thier new glock throwing groups out that a sawed off shotgun could beat! 95% of the pistols made today are far more accurate than most the shooters buying them.

Shoot the 2 side by side. The glock is like holding a brick and the M&P conforms to the hand, it was made to be held. You can actually shoot +P ammo out of it without risk of the barrel blowing up since it doesn't have the thin wall barrel. One last thing, it is American made.
Sorry I am bias and yes it is because I shoot left with the Glock and Gaston Glock is an American hater.

FWIW Glock is being made in USA now. You see them stamped. I like the feel of the M&P just never had the chance to shoot them side x side. My Glock I had since the 90's never had any problem. But my I have my sights on a M&P Shield,compact or Xds....Need to find ones to rent.

It just comes down to preference. Some people are glock people and some people are not. If you like it and want it and pay for it then it's worth the money to then it's not. I see no value in the $200 pair of shoes my girlfriend brought home last weekend and she didn't see a $550 value in my Gen 4 glock 17 I picked up a few months ago, at the end of the day she loves her shoes and I love my glock she isn't going to convince me that my glock wasn't worth the money and I wouldn't bother trying to convince her. Same goes here with everyone's personal preference, every gun is going to bring something different to the table I just prefer to appreciate them all rather than bash on them for what one is and one isn't.

Glocks are great. Keiths has good prices, I think, not sure on panic buy if he raised prices. Glocks easy to maintain, less parts to fuss with, easy takedown, reliable, My years with them have been flawless. Comes down to what fits you.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top