JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't get why blocks I mean glocks are pricey? They are so basic, and comes with nothing. I'm not bubbleguming about the classifieds either so don't get all worked up. Anyway, the reason for this post is because I recently picked up a g3 g21(got tired of shooting my 1911 with its 8rnd capacity Btw I LOOOVE 1911's) and got angry for the fact I had to watch the salesperson mash the lid down to close the case(wasn't angry at the salesperson). I mean c'mon, glock couldn't even provide a bigger/better case?!? I never thought of owning another glock, but its a love and hate thing I guess. I originally wanted an m&p, but found none in my area.

The Bad:
blocky
ergo
sights
plastic guide rod
slide lock
1yr warranty

= $500+
:nuts:

I don't get why blocks I mean glocks are pricey? They are so basic, and comes with nothing. I'm not bubbleguming about the classifieds either so don't get all worked up. Anyway, the reason for this post is because I recently picked up a g3 g21(got tired of shooting my 1911 with its 8rnd capacity Btw I LOOOVE 1911's) and got angry for the fact I had to watch the salesperson mash the lid down to close the case(wasn't angry at the salesperson). I mean c'mon, glock couldn't even provide a bigger/better case?!? I never thought of owning another glock, but its a love and hate thing I guess. I originally wanted an m&p, but found none in my area.

The Bad:
blocky
ergo
sights
plastic guide rod
slide lock
1yr warranty

= $500+
:nuts:

Yet with all this you still shelled out the cash for it, so I would say the price is just right.

The simplicity that you critique is the definitive selling point of the Glock. Robust and reliable with a stupid-simple user interface. I don't own one, but recently and only in contrast with a few first-hand examples of Glocks have I been able to see some of the weaknesses in other handguns that I own. That is not to say the Glock is faultless or serves everyone's needs. I guess I don't understand why you would buy a Glock if you consider them to be inferior and know there is a better option.

Hmmm, dead reliable, light weight, high capacity, a fire control system that is effective and simple, no extra safety buttons, de-cockers, ect,ect. Sounds like a killer deal for 5 bones to me. I guess I don't understand your point. Oh ya you got me on the blocky part. Own and shoot one for a year and you too may be drinking the koolaid.

I can kinda see what the OP is saying..I'm biased towards the M&P line myself...but if you like it more, why not wait for one...or order online and have it shipped to an ffl near you...?

Not to sound rude but it just seems pointless to say you like one thing, and buy something more expensive you don't like as much?

I like Glocks and most other brands. I could care less what folks say about them really.

But what I don't understand is why so many have to bash them . Not saying anyone has done that here.
But a thread was started disparaging glocks. I mean nobody does this with a XD or an M&P or haha a Taurus. (people buy these things?)
Kind of like "I didn't drink the clock cool aid! LOOK AT ME"
Skeered that someone will think of you as a follower,instead of a person that wants a gun that is easy to use and available most everywhere.
( anybody have a g17 for sale? can't find one anywhere)
Magazines are cheap and available at most gun shows,save 20's and 21's mags.
The Glock line has to be the most picked on brand around.
And I'll bet the owners cry all the way to the bank.

If Glock had not forged the way and created a market for the simple robust polymer platform of handguns, there would not be many of the other good pistols out there including the XD's. Like them or Loath them they are here to stay and the price is what the market will bear. They say duplication is the sincerest form of flattery and in this case I think it rings true. On a side note I can see how people who have shot mostly 1911 pattern guns and got used to them might not like the grip angle on a Glock. For those people I would recommend a XD.

Just happened on your GLOCK discussion here. I've never had one ,but i have noticed a few for a decent price out there and am looking at one.I noticed when people advertise they are listing the generations 2,3 .4 and i'm just wondering what the info is out here about which ones are better or worse. Can you glock guys give me the scoop on this ???

Just happened on your GLOCK discussion here. I've never had one ,but i have noticed a few for a decent price out there and am looking at one.I noticed when people advertise they are listing the generations 2,3 .4 and i'm just wondering what the info is out here about which ones are better or worse. Can you glock guys give me the scoop on this ???

I was just saying, that for the money, you don't get much... I don't hate blocks oops I mean glocks:D.

i picked up my g17 for $500 about 3 years ago and never had a single problem with it( and i shoot with cheap tulammo) so what else could i possibly pick up thats more reliable and dependable for 500 bucks???

I have heard that the M&P's are good guns, but that was S&W's 2nd try in their attempt to copy Glock!!! When every one is trying to copy the Glock (after years of bashing them), why not go with the original. Especially after considering their track record, its a no-brainer.

The company will charge what the market will bear. It seems they are selling okay at the current price point, so what is the company's motivation to sell them for less? And unlike some other polymer guns, they don't seem to drop much in the used market. I've seen XD's (not so much the XDm's) and M&P's come down in price significantly more than Glocks in the used market.

The market for any product is what consumers make it. Glock must be on to something, as they seem to maintain a fairly good percentage (albeit smaller than when they were the only option) of the polymer pistol market...

Glocks are the gun equivalent to Hondas. They cost a little more than a similar gun because they are reliable and accurate, have been so for many years, and you are paying for the name. Most gun manufacturers now produce equals in quality and it is now a matter of fit and feature, but the Glock name is still synonymous with reliability. Most new cars are as reliable as Hondas, but prices vary considerably for similar styles and features because people are willing to pay a premium for a well known and respected brand.

I have heard that the M&P's are good guns, but that was S&W's 2nd try in their attempt to copy Glock!!! When every one is trying to copy the Glock (after years of bashing them), why not go with the original. Especially after considering their track record, its a no-brainer.

Glock was not the first polymer pistol. Not even close. H&K gets those honors.

Glocks are the gun equivalent to Hondas. They cost a little more than a similar gun because they are reliable and accurate, have been so for many years, and you are paying for the name. Most gun manufacturers now produce equals in quality and it is now a matter of fit and feature, but the Glock name is still synonymous with reliability. Most new cars are as reliable as Hondas, but prices vary considerably for similar styles and features because people are willing to pay a premium for a well known and respected brand.
We've only bought Honda's since '88, except for the '97 Jeep GC, and I've only owned one block, a 33 with laser guide rod. Just didn't like the grip angle. Like my KelTec P-40 with .357 SIG barrel better.

So I was one of those 1911 lovers, who couldn't see why anyone would want a glock. Then I purchased a glock, and love it, do I like it more than my custom 1911's? no, but they are hella great guns, and I will continue to purchase and use glocks. I also wanted m&p rather than a glock, bought one of each and gave the m&p to the wife, out the box glocks are great

Two cents worth from a lefty. The mag release sits in just the right place that its possible to drop the mag out when shooting the Glock. The M&P can be reversed. The Glock is and not wonderful to hang on to. The interchangeable back straps are a great asset on the M&P. not sure the "original" is the best for all.

Sorry but S&W perfected the "Poly Gun" with the M&P line. The M&P is a far better firearm then the Glock. I have had both and currently own both and really can't stand the Glock. I just wish S&W would make one that is comparable in size to the Glock 19. Instead they have the G17 size and the G26 size (for the most part) and nothing in between. The G19 is the most popular gun made and why S&W doesn't step up is beyond me.

Two cents worth from a lefty. The mag release sits in just the right place that its possible to drop the mag out when shooting the Glock. The M&P can be reversed. The Glock is and not wonderful to hang on to. The interchangeable back straps are a great asset on the M&P. not sure the "original" is the best for all.

You should check out the gen4 Glocks with the reversible mag release and different sized backstraps.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top