JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like most all guns. I wouldnt mind owning one of just about everything out there.
But I have my preferences. I also dont knock someone or their 'favorite' because they have a different preference.
Full disclosure, I like Glocks, and the Gen4 in particular, but I understand why folks really dig 1911s. They can be like a fine piece of jewelry. And what gear head doesn't like mechanical thing? And the 1911 helped save the world from tyranny! You just have to love that.
But I have to say, that if you took a brand new glock out of the box, and a comparable 1911 band new out of the box and put them side by side on the range and fired identical ammo through each until you got a failure, which one do you honestly think would fail first?
Please note, Im not criticizing either weapon. I think they are both great.
I just know what I want on my hip every day.

Two cents worth from a lefty. The mag release sits in just the right place that its possible to drop the mag out when shooting the Glock. The M&P can be reversed. The Glock is and not wonderful to hang on to. The interchangeable back straps are a great asset on the M&P. not sure the "original" is the best for all.

You can reverse the mag release on the new models. Check out youtube.

Two cents worth from a lefty. The mag release sits in just the right place that its possible to drop the mag out when shooting the Glock. The M&P can be reversed. The Glock is and not wonderful to hang on to. The interchangeable back straps are a great asset on the M&P. not sure the "original" is the best for all.
Another 2 cents from a different lefty. As an owner of several auto pistols, all configured for righties, the mag release is in the way with some and not others. This is a personal grip issue as the glock release is clear for me but the Poly Sigs tend to get in my way. So for my purposes, a Glock is functional and the Sig is useless. Stress "MY", since Sig makes a fantastic product, just like Glock.

I must repeat the observation of others, if it works for you, it works. If it doesn't work for you, it useless to YOU. The only question remains, why pay too much for something you don't like right out of the gate? Just to complain about it?

The OP obviously made a mistake in purchasing a pistol he was immediately dissatified with, even before leaving the gunshop!

I recently purchased my first Glock. I was after a 10mm , a lot of research later I picked up a Glock 29...Firstly Glock built the gun around the cartridge so right there , that eliminated a bunch of choices, another cool thing was the interchangeability in between Glock models .. and how versatile it makes the 29...its my EDC in stock form or with a G20 mag and an OWB holster it's my woods gun.....add a 6 inch barrel and I can hunt at distance if I choose, I can turn it into a 357 sig, 40S&W, 45ACP and I believe a 9mm, not sure on that one.....and there are tons of Glock accessories, holsters, parts.

I am an avid reloader and another thing I like about Glock is the loose tolerance.....sounds weird and it's not the best feature for accuracy but it opens up a lot of possibilities with different projectile styles and cartridge lengths, not that I do it but the Glock chamber will accept less than perfect cartridges, or dirty shells....trade off is it's a little hard on brass and not the most accurate set up, but it does good for me and no its not my favorite of all my brands but it is the one I carry everyday

And I wish it was 500, mine has factory NS's, 570 and that was on the Blue Label Program.....

Just throwing it out there since we are talking weight

Glock 29, 26 rounds 10mm XTP 180 grain, G20 15 rd mag/w grip ext, G29 10 rd mag/w Pearce +0 base plate

CZ 75 SP-01, 20 9mm Fed HST 124 grain +p, one factory CZ 19 round mag

fully loaded glock 21=40.5oz how exactly is that light by any standard?

By the comparison in weight of the standard 1911 45 acp

Oh man! My bad, heck thats as light as a feather!

Dynamite drop in Monty!

You can say alot of negative things about Glocks and with many I will agree but heavy and overpriced I can not get behind. Bottom line if you don't like them don't buy them simple as that. They are not everyones cup of tea. We all have our own opinions and preferences, what works for me may not work for you. I am done with this thread now! Carry on. :s0013:

Fully loaded Glock 21 13+1 rounds = 38.48 oz (from Glocks website)

Fully loaded 1911 7+1 rounds ( from my collection) 48oz.

Let's keep it real.

Wouldn't a more apples to apples comparison be a 1911 and a Glock 36, at least in terms of capacity? In that case it would be 26.98 ounces. And a Para USA 14-45 (Black Ops Model) lists the weight (I assume unloaded at 40 ounces. The listed unloaded weight of a Glock 21 is 26.46 ounces. All these weights are off manufacturer websites.

So, to answer Darkham's comment, the Glock 21 is light by relative standards...

Personaly I really don't care what a Glock weights or a 1911 weights. Yes Glocks are over priced. I just sold an overpriced Glock but it is only worth what someone will pay. Don't like it then don't buy it. One guy tells me that the G19 is a dime a dozen and offered me 425. I basically told him to go spend his dime and get one then sold it today for my asking price. Now time to buy a new M&P CORE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top