JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been thinking about getting these for my g19. I have a few questions though.
1:are they reliable as a stock glock magazine?
2:do they extend the physical size of the magazine? If so how much? The same as say a 15rd being as big as a 17rd? Or is the change all internal?
3:will it degrade the life of the magazine?

1: No, They work Great, but you wont have the same level of retention that the stock floor plates have.

2: Im not sure what you mean exactly... They replace the floorplate and are 2 stacked 9mm lower, Look at the pics on google image, you'll get the idea. The change is External. Some have a finger rest, some donot.

3: No more then the stock one. Its basicly making the magazine longer and allowing for 2 more to fit. You use the stock magazine body, spring and follower.

I mean is a g19 15rd basically the same size as a g17 17rd.

The 15 round g-19 mag w/the plus 2 making it 17 rounds, yeah it is about the size of a g-17 mag.
I don't mess around with the plus mags for the glock, I just feel the standard capacity is all I need. The exception being my competition gun g-34, I do have a couple 19 rounders for that one.
.....tom

Ya, was just thinking if I could get an extra 2 rounds in my carry gun without changing the overall length of it that I would do that. I don't like how big a 17rd looks in my 19, it just feels awkward.

The Pearce +2 floorplates on my G21sf work just fine, taking it from 13 to 15 rounds with minimal added length. The Glocktalk forums recommended changing out the mag springs for a longer, Wolff replacement. Those springs aren't just longer, they're thinner wire and seem softer than the stock ones. Tough to load the first time, but no problems since.

I installed some plus two extensions awhile back and am personally no the biggest fan of them. They would be O.K. if they are for range use only, I don't know if I would want to stake my life on them.

I would recommend you take some G17 mags and install these: http://www.topgunsupply.com/a-g-magazine-adapter-converts-g17-22-to-19-23.html

They will give your G19 an extended grip feel, matching the G19 contour and adding your desired "+2" rounds from a factory mag.

My $.02

SF-

^^^ what silver fox said. I wouldn't trust my life to the +2 extensions in my glocks.

if you really want more capacity, carry the standard 19 mag and carry a g17 mag as your back up.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews