JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been thinking about getting these for my g19. I have a few questions though.
1:are they reliable as a stock glock magazine?
2:do they extend the physical size of the magazine? If so how much? The same as say a 15rd being as big as a 17rd? Or is the change all internal?
3:will it degrade the life of the magazine?

1: No, They work Great, but you wont have the same level of retention that the stock floor plates have.

2: Im not sure what you mean exactly... They replace the floorplate and are 2 stacked 9mm lower, Look at the pics on google image, you'll get the idea. The change is External. Some have a finger rest, some donot.

3: No more then the stock one. Its basicly making the magazine longer and allowing for 2 more to fit. You use the stock magazine body, spring and follower.

I mean is a g19 15rd basically the same size as a g17 17rd.

The 15 round g-19 mag w/the plus 2 making it 17 rounds, yeah it is about the size of a g-17 mag.
I don't mess around with the plus mags for the glock, I just feel the standard capacity is all I need. The exception being my competition gun g-34, I do have a couple 19 rounders for that one.
.....tom

Ya, was just thinking if I could get an extra 2 rounds in my carry gun without changing the overall length of it that I would do that. I don't like how big a 17rd looks in my 19, it just feels awkward.

The Pearce +2 floorplates on my G21sf work just fine, taking it from 13 to 15 rounds with minimal added length. The Glocktalk forums recommended changing out the mag springs for a longer, Wolff replacement. Those springs aren't just longer, they're thinner wire and seem softer than the stock ones. Tough to load the first time, but no problems since.

I installed some plus two extensions awhile back and am personally no the biggest fan of them. They would be O.K. if they are for range use only, I don't know if I would want to stake my life on them.

I would recommend you take some G17 mags and install these: http://www.topgunsupply.com/a-g-magazine-adapter-converts-g17-22-to-19-23.html

They will give your G19 an extended grip feel, matching the G19 contour and adding your desired "+2" rounds from a factory mag.

My $.02

SF-

^^^ what silver fox said. I wouldn't trust my life to the +2 extensions in my glocks.

if you really want more capacity, carry the standard 19 mag and carry a g17 mag as your back up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top