JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is NOT a Glock hate post. My own daughter shoots a Glock for Heaven's sake. :)
Anyhoo, I was sitting in my truck today at lunch time in the Big City. Chewin' on a really nice sammich and some tater chips. Tasted really fine too. But I digress. I like to listen to Talk Radio during my lunch hour so the radio is on and I heard the funniest commercial I have ever heard! If it was intended to be funny it succeeded in making me need the himelich maneuver to get that sammich bite outta my throat. Lucky I work in healthcare and someone happened by and ... there I go digressing again. Well, this commercial comes on the radio and two voices [male and female] were talking about how to invest their tax return money. Grrrr I haven't had one of those since I was 20. Oops another digression. So sorry. Yes, they were talking about investing in precious metals. They talked about gold and silver and I was about to take my nap. That was when the male voice said "NO" gold or silver! Invest in STEEL the real precious metal. [hold on to your OWBs here] The female voice said, "Steel"? Yes, the manly man voice said, "Steel"...like the steel in a new GLOCK pistol from Rose in the Dale Gunshop." [names changed to protect] "Buy a new Glock steel pistol and get a free holster. Prices are low. Come on by our convenient location now. Your precious metal Glock is waiting here for you." True story this. LMAO still about this LGS commercial. Aren't Glocks known for being polymer pistols? Whazzup with the steel Glock commercial anyway? Really NOT disparaging Glocks or my daughter who loves 'em. Just an actual true radio commercial I heard at lunch today. Couldn't believe my ears and almost choked out on my sammich because of that commercial.

What program you listening to Pop's?

I love hearing all the firearm related commercials we have around now, Safe Fire, several gun shops, and of course Lars doing Northwest Armory like he has for years. It makes me think of the pressure that must build inside those gun/freedom, grabber/hater's heads when they play! :D

Glocks are great, I mean if you want a plastic gun your dog could chew on, and is the most hyped firearm ever sold then yep they are great. Steel ? I think they meant steal as in your money for buying a plastic firearm.
I know its been probably the most debated topic ever known to a firearms owner. But in 100 years I am willing to bet with equal use the plastic gun will fail first. Its Kinda like comparing AR' variants to AK's we all know a AK will be around long after the AR failed. Now you can spend a few thousand and buy and AR that will last but the point was dollar on dollar plastic simply wont hold up the way steel does. I don't own a Glock probably wont ever, I like steel but to each there own its your money buy what you want :)
;)

Glocks are great, I mean if you want a plastic gun your dog could chew on, and is the most hyped firearm ever sold then yep they are great. Steel ? I think they meant steal as in your money for buying a plastic firearm.
I know its been probably the most debated topic ever known to a firearms owner. But in 100 years I am willing to bet with equal use the plastic gun will fail first. Its Kinda like comparing AR' variants to AK's we all know a AK will be around long after the AR failed. Now you can spend a few thousand and buy and AR that will last but the point was dollar on dollar plastic simply wont hold up the way steel does. I don't own a Glock probably wont ever, I like steel but to each there own its your money buy what you want :)
;)

Tell me.
How badly will the polymer in my Glock rust. o_O

And why dose the AR costing a few thousand last?

A 100 year old Glock will be fit as a fiddle.
So will your 1911, AK, AR, and any other gun you take care of.

There not made of sugar. ;)

I totally trust my poly pistols, less weight and I don't have to worry about scratching plastic. They have their place, espesially on cost, weight, and performance standpoint. But I do really like the my alloy framed or all steel pistols. You just need one for every occasion, and holidays and birthdays and. :)

Tell me.
How badly will the polymer in my Glock rust. o_O

And why dose the AR costing a few thousand last?

A 100 year old Glock will be fit as a fiddle.
So will your 1911, AK, AR, and any other gun you take care of.

There not made of sugar. ;)

Dang who would let any firearm rust don't deserve one I would say.
And ok I will see you in 100 years and test the theory deal ??

By the way guys I own Polymers too I actually love the SW M&P 9 Shield, geees touchy touchy when you take down a Glock people get offended easily. But not to fear I hear Portland and Seattle has safe places for those easily offended ( yea giving everyone crap don't take it so serious geees ). It should be common knowledge in any circle you bring up Glock, Hipoint or Assualt Weapon wording and everyone loses their minds hehe.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top