Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock 43 Mag "Problem" Solved + TTI Base Pads

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by SFGIANTSGUY28, Sep 28, 2015.

1. SFGIANTSGUY28

SFGIANTSGUY28 Beaverton, OR Active Member

This post is to discuss Glock 43 Mags...

Initially after buying my 43 if the mags were inserted at just the right angle (down and right) they would hang up on the mag catch and they would have to be forced past. This was obviously a problem if i am to depend on these during a life or death reload.

Initially Glock was solving this issue buy sending out new mag catches with the corner shaved off.

I recently called Glock to get my replacement mag catch and the rep responded by saying "we are actually sending out "gen 2" mags." These mags are marked with an 01 the originals do not have this 01 designation. (see pics)

one other thing to note is the mag springs were about an inch longer in the new 01 mags. not sure if they were just stretched but all three were noticeably longer.

I have not run the TTI base pads on the new 01 mags yet. Thus far they have run fine with no issues on the old mags 800 rounds combine.

I will report back this weekend on reliability with new mags. IMG_0026.JPG IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0030.JPG

clearconscience, ogre and decklin like this.
  2. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

Any update? Man, I wish my weekends were as long as yours. ;-)

cdmontgo and clearconscience like this.
  3. SFGIANTSGUY28

SFGIANTSGUY28 Beaverton, OR Active Member

Throw back Monday.

All new mags I have purchased have been designated 01 since the initial ones the gun came with. No issues and 100percent reliability with all mags and base pads. I even have some of ttis new +3s. All of the tti basepad ship with +10% springs now. I only use the 10% springs in the +3s not the +2s or +1s and they run fine.

I will put some pictures up later if I remember. Might be a few months

cdmontgo likes this.
  4. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

Great. Thanks for sharing the follow-up info. :)

5. cdmontgo

cdmontgo PDX Active Member 2016 Volunteer

I just bought a 43 today, and would like to get a +1 to increase capacity a bit without increasing the profile of the gun. Thanks for the info!

6. robertg

robertg Sandy Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I'm using the Pierce +1 on both mags that came with the gun and they run fine.

SFGIANTSGUY28 likes this.