JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
billt, I feel like you're being attacked on this thread, and I don't think anybody intends to do that. I have a G19, gen 3, love it and would never trade it. However, with the release of the gen 4's TO ME Glocks quality has gone down hill. I had a gen 4 G23 briefly, and I hated it. It felt cheap and cheezy after I had it for awhile. And then there was the Gen 4 9mm debacle, I for one would have never foreseen problems like that gun had, coming from a Glock. I was willing to forgive that as one screw up they let get out. But now that this G42 is out, and the failure and malfunction rate are seemingly so high, I've lost some faith in Glock. In fact, I was considering a new Glock just last weekend and decided against it because their efforts on some of their latest products is lackluster at best. I bought another HK instead....paid $450 more for it than I would have the Glock, but in my mind it was money well spent because this pistol is purely for defense, it's not a target gun, and quite honestly Glock is slipping and I won't support them right now. Period.

I'm not feeling "attacked", but I think Glock is unfairly. All I'm saying is don't judge the gun on what a few people have had to say about it on Internet forums. Yes, they may have had some bad guns get out. But again, no one knows how many. It may be fewer than normal. We don't have numbers we can look at. The gun is the same basic design as every other Glock out there. So based on that, I'm not seeing anything abysmal here. They have not issued a recall, and I doubt they will. I'm not in the market for a .380. With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a Glock 42 at all. I have no doubt it has as or better of a chance of running properly, as anything else currently on the market in that caliber does.

The Gen 4 guns have had some issues. Perhaps that is why the Gen 3 guns are still in production. All 6 of my Glocks are Gen 3 weapons, and all have run flawlessly from the get go. I hear people crying how Glock hasn't "changed" anything in the last 25 years, and they've become "boring". Change can create issues based on that change alone. As the old saying goes: "Watch what you wish for, because you just might get it".

Then forget cars if it bothers you so much. Compare it to guns if it makes you feel better. Ruger, (LCP), Smith & Wesson, (model 586 & 686 firing pin, lock), Remington, (XP-100, Walker trigger, and other models), Winchester, Remington, Federal, Hornady, (ammunition of most every type and caliber), and most likely a dozen more I'm forgetting at the moment. Are they all "turds" and "bad products" as well? It's the reason why products have warranties. What you people are having difficulty with is living in an imperfect world. You should get jobs in quality control. It would educate you to the real one.

if glock gets a free pass when there are problems, then all those companies you cited also get a free pass. you're arguing that glock is no better than any of them.

if glock gets a free pass when there are problems, then all those companies you cited also get a free pass. you're arguing that glock is no better than any of them.

Who is saying anything about a "free pass"? Glock will make right anything that is wrong with they're pistols. Always have, always will. Most of the time replacing them if it is something major. All free of charge. You talk as if there should be some sort of "punishment" distributed to Glock and these other companies. :confused:

I have rounded up a bunch of different 380 rounds to test in an LCP and micro eagle along with the G42.

Ammo
100gr Extreme FP Rouge Defense
95gr Winchester FP
95gr Blazer Brass FMJ
90gr Remington FMJ
88gr Remington HP
90gr PMC FMJ
95gr Double Tap FMJ
92gr S&B FMJ
102gr Rem Golden Saber HP
90gr Hornady critical defense

I report my findings. So Far the Micro Eagle has eaten everything it will chamber, and it will not run any FP (won't chamber from slide rack).
The LCP will eat anything including FP, but has has one FTE with Golden Saber, in defense of the lcp it was dirty, but heck my bobcat will run 100-150 before the grime makes it malfunction. ...

G42 is a complete unknown, but for some reason I'm not very hopefull.

20140305_072202.jpg 20140304_092145.jpg

Last Edited:
I have a Glock 17 gen4, and have had absolutely no issues with it. I don't have a need for the G42, but when they bring out the 9mm version I might consider it as a BUG to the G17, so I can use the same ammo and stick with the same platform.

Like others, I'd been wondering what the target market is. The G42 looks just a tad too big and cumbersome to be a proper pocket gun, and suffers from being a .380. I have a Ruger LCP for that role, smaller, lighter, more rounded so it's won't snag on clothing, same round count, and it's been firing flawlessly. It is a tad snappy in my hands, but that's not going to be a concern if I ever needed to use it outside the range.

Apparently the target market is women carrying in a bag or purse. I thought purse carry is suspect as it's an ideal way to have your gun snatched along with your purse.

Range report...

Things went very well I would say. I ran 3 mags of all the target loads, and a mag each of the 2 types of HD loads. 180 total rounds. Only had one issue with a PMC bronze. One time it failed to go into full battery, the round was sitting on the feed ramp partially in the chamber. Actually one of the s&b primers failed to ignite the first strike, but I don't blame the SHE-42, (my new name for it) Recoil was nothing, I shot great groups with all loads, just a few shots to find POA ,POI. I had to aim under the target, apple on a post if you will, vs the combat sights on my 92A1. My buddy wanted to run my 92 head to head with his G17, eeek. That's like bringing a Honda to run against any one of my Fords, we'll other than the woman's explorer lol. I just used my workhorse not one of my exotic tricked 92 compacts. So i guess the SHE-42 is ready to see if the woman enjoys it, and has no feed issues.

G42 is on it's way home from it's second trip to the factory. Apparently there were some updates available. Hard to say what they were exactly but they did something to the trigger spring guide and the recoil spring.

So what is the unofficial official word? Junk? Finicky? My daughter wants one because, "It fits my hand better than anything else. " She has fired lots of compact and subcompact pistols recently in various calibers and decided the G42 is the one. I kinda don't want to buy it for her after reading this thread. Our am I reading too much into it? will be making the purchase after April 1st. Suggestions appreciated.

I shot it today along with the G41. The G42 was awesome, and shot great. I love the feel. Others in group loved it. No issues. The G41 is wicked. Great gun, accurate,

I'm a far from a glock guy, and this this is amazing. The woman loves it,very light recoil vs the nano and 147gr 9mm loads.

I it's a great purchase for a female that's not as experienced as some.

I really like mine, and I am not a small gun girl. Give me a full size frame in a large caliber any day of the week. But this is just a lot of fun! I've had absolutely no problem with mine, it faithfully dines on any ammo I feed it.

I really like mine, and I am not a small gun girl. Give me a full size frame in a large caliber any day of the week. But this is just a lot of fun! I've had absolutely no problem with mine, it faithfully dines on any ammo I feed it.

This is probably to girly for you but I'm having fun dressing it up for the woman. Next is pinky extention (should be here fri)with the punisher gal, then the coffee and guns mag release.

20140320_032009.jpg

This is probably to girly for you but I'm having fun dressing it up for the woman. Next is pinky extention (should be here fri)with the punisher gal, then the coffee and guns mag release.
I like my guns plain black, but I think it's great when others have fun dolling theirs up. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you are finished.

20140320_032009.jpg