JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks Boris...... and Welcome

The G-42 is what I expect the Warden to use for concealed carry after she completes her basic Firearms course at the end of the month. (She will use a .22 and a 9mm for that)

I got the Mustang for myself as it is smaller and I want to use it with the gym clothes I wear around the house as I don't keep guns downstairs for the rare kids visit, yet I am down there for one reason or the other often enough

I like the G-42 better for grip, sights and overall handling better than the Colt, but size does matter, in this case the Colt's smaller size is important and I still have a quality, reliable, piece. :)

Last Edited:
Thanks Boris...... and Welcome

The G-42 is what I expect the Warden to use for concealed carry after she completes her basic Firearms course at the end of the month. (She will use a .22 and a 9mm for that)

I got the Mustang for myself as it is smaller and I want to use it with the gym clothes I wear around the house as I don't keep guns downstairs for the rare kids visit, yet I am down there for one reason or the other often enough

I like the G-42 better for grip sights and overall handling better than the Colt, but size does matter, in this case the smaller size and I still have a quality, reliable, piece. :)
Thank you
I forgot to tell i have a diamondback DB380 for 3 years. No trouble. I will compare two

OK. Here you go.
The Glock 42 I bought at Cabelas last week. I am very impressed with their help, and vast inventory.
Today I shoot all this ammo through the Glock 42.
72 rounds of PMC 95 grain FMJ. No problem.
70 rounds Winchester 95 grain FMJ. No problem.
49 rounds Federal 95 grain JHP. No problem.
49 Rounds Magtech 95 grain JHP. No problem.
Also some odd and ends of other HP and no problem.
Trigger pull and reset very good like all Glock.
I feel it very accurate. Very tight groups at 10 15 20 yards, but I am shooting consistently to left of bullseye by 2-4" when aiming at bullseye. I have not touched the sights yet but will for sure change them to adjust able.

My DB380 as you may know has long trigger pull like Keltec and others for reason I assume of pocket carry safety. It is smaller than Glock 42, and it is pretty good gun but it I shot about 70 times of mixed ammo and had a few FTF on last one in mag.
I think I know why. The DiamondBack uses a follower of somewhat soft polymer (or some other sort of synthetic) and it starts to degrade a bit from gouging of the bullets from repeated loading. I tried my #2 magazine which was never used, and then I had not problem.

I will keep the the Glock 42 as the trigger is excellent, and very slighter larger than DB380 size is good for me.
I think I will fit it with a laser as I need this carry at night often.
Crimson Trace LaserGuard 443
I will order Detriot Holster #JohnR
And for when I wear suit and tie then I use a SneakyPete Holster

Thank you

Last Edited:
Yup, they made an "undercover" modification, a friend of mine bought one and made sure it was post mod, so far, so good.

So, not a recall, per sé, but if you call and complain it's not working right, i understand it'll come back with some different parts.

Sorry, you'll have to look at the warranty/support for Glock, it will be detailed and they'll explain how it works and at what cost. I don't believe you need an FFL for a pistol.

I rented one the other day. I really liked it but I did have to change the way I held it like I do for my Sig P250. I was accidentally pressing on the mag release so I had to place my thumb a little higher, but then it had a FTF because I think my thumb was too high and placing some pressure on the slide. After I zoned in the perfect placement I had absolutely no issues at all. I know it was just me, so I would absolutely buy this gun for CC. I have fairly large hands and would spend a lot of time with the 42 to get used to holding it that way.

Reese

I finally got my early model G-42 and it's five Magazines (I bought extra) to the firing line. Mine was factory test fired in March 14. I fired 100 rounds of remanufactured ammo and 50 rounds of new MagTech ammo all round nose FMJ rounds. I loaded each of the magazines five times. I had no malfunctions of any kind. I was using a smaller 8" pie type target and at 25 yards my accuracy was dismal. I thought I was shooting high so I aimed lower...well I had been shooting low in the first place so aiming lower did not help. Accuracy at seven yards was good, not as good as my Colt Mustang XSP, but close While I love my Colt, many would not care to carry "Cocked and Locked" like I do, especially when the Mustang does not lock the slide and has no palm safety such as on the 1911. The Glock would be much more comforting in this regard

So I have no reason to call Glock's Customer Service except to complain about my lack of complaints. Diabolical plan on their part!

I fell very comfortable now with the Warden carrying this G-42

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads