JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In regards to caliber selection I am a firm believer in carry what works best for you as an individual. Can you control it, hit the side of the barn while leaning on it? Practice? I am by no means an expert on firearms so please take this with a grain of salt. How much is too much? I'd say the argument will go on long after we all pass from old age. That said i remember a scene from an old(ish) movie. Long before school shootings were the "norm" (so we are told), there was a movie, a silly comedy at that, by the name of "Johnny Dangerously." There was a hit man, er, hit PERSON, who pulls out this obscenely long barreled revolver. When asked what caliber it was he stated, "It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools." Hopefully I have not riled too many feathers with my thoughts. Take care and keep the end with the hole in it pointed at the bad guys!:D

Here is my Glock .357 magnum...lol...

12746002_1372958632730193_6995780624324439903_n.jpg

Wouldn't .357 mag be a bit snappy with those polymer frames? I like shooting .38 personally. But i'm not a fan of revolvers..Not yet.. I kind of want a Bond Arms derringer.
Miss Tomoko, I like the way you think regarding the 38spcl. My older sister accessories with a nice Charter Arms Bulldog in .357 mag. She lives in Georgia and it is considered a piece of functional jewelry. It allows her to shoot all of the .38 cals from basic 38 through the +P into the .357 mag not to mention rat/snake shot. I have an old .38 as well as a 40 SW M&P. and each has their purpose and place and don't let anyone steer you away from what you choose to shoot. My wife likes the 38 but due to the difference in hand size I will get her one of her own

The grip of a double stack .357 would make the G21 look like a slim jim haha

lol. Well, it certainly would be a bit deeper because of the longer case length, but no wider or longer than a G19, G17, or G34 ( all 9mm). Some of my competition buddies shoot .38 Super, wider and just about as long as .357, in a 20 rd double stack STI. And besides my double stack G34 9mm IDPA gun, I also shoot a Para Ordnance P14.45 2011 double stack (18rds of .45ACP) USPSA Limited gun. IMO one either likes double stacks or single stacks. :)

FWIW I only have medium sized hands but shoot better with a double stack because when my fingers get far enough around the left side of the grip, not only is there not nearly enough room to quickly and properly fit the left hand against the grip, but my strong hand fingers tend to overgrip and pull the sights off target.

STI 2011 race gun:
38Super-Auto5a.jpg

I have shot a Glock 20 and a Kimber 10mm side by side and found the Glock very easy to shoot comparatively. I would think a Glock in .357 mag would work fine as long as your hands were large enough. I doubt you will ever see one though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top