JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gen 2.5---does it use a 2 pin locking block? If so, you may have the spring on the slide release over the small pin. Tail of the spring goes
UNDER the little pin. Put the small pin in, slip the slide release in with the spring tail under the pin, put in the big pin.

Skydiver - The recoil assembly only goes in one way .... Thanks
BillM - I looked at that again and it is under. I looked up the looking block online and I do NOT have the 2 pion looking block. The I have has a releif on the locking block for the small pin.
Maybe the tail of the spring goes above.

Thanks for your reponse Pete

A picture sure would help out a lot. All the pictures any G26's I could see online have the two pins in the frame above the trigger. The locking block only has one hole through it but the actual frame of the gun has two pins. Top pin small, bottom pin bigger. I always put the big pin in first and then have to take a screwdriver and push the slide lock spring down so the little pin can slide in above it. I like BillM's way of putting the pins and slide lock in. No hassle that way. Good luck,
Mike

Here are some pictures. In the second picture you can see the tail of the slide lock spring under the top pin.
Let me know if you would like to see other pictures.
Thanks Pete

Looks to me like the slide stop spring is tweaked. If it was tweaked enough, the stop might flop around enough during recoil to come up and stop the slide.

If that was not it, i'd say you might be pushing the slide stop up with your hand somehow based on the way you grip the gun.... seen it before.

I'd have someone who is a certified armorer look at it and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for the replies. Weird how the trigger does not return after pulling the trigger (with no mag in). I am going replace the slide stop even though I dont think that is the problem.

Thanks again for your replies. Problem solved.
THe problem was the slide release but not the spring.
The hole in the sile release (which goes around the fat pin) was the problem. Some how the area around the hole in the slide release was glauded.
It looked like it had jammed or something but metal was worn away on one side and it was not smooth.
I filed it down smooth and it works perfect.
I am still going to replace it when it gets here.

Thanks again guys,
Pete

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews