JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it requires permanent modification, I'd say, please don't!

What might help is a brand called recover tactical. They make clamp on pic rails for various smooth undersides pistols.

I saw a gen3 on armslist just a few days ago for $300, people are dumping 40s right now, guess that girly wrist syndrome is an epidemic.

ive never thought of 40 as "snappy" idk what the deal is? lol :rolleyes:
Imo 40 is snappy and i think they build good recoil control. Snappy doesnt mean you cant shoot them accurately, i love my g27 it is still one of my favorite carry pieces but it is snappier than even full power loads out of my 10mm 1911. My old g22 was great never had an issue with it other than it filled a nitch that was already full.

Last Edited:
There is no such thing as a Gen 1 G22. The Glock Gen 1 came the United States in 1986, the Gen 2 was release in 1988, the G22 was introduced in 1990. Neither the first gen or second gen had a rail for WML, but there were after market adapters made for that purpose. The gen 3 was released in 1998 with a universal light rail. glockgens.jpg

Note the single pin above the triggers of the gen 1 & 2 and the double pins on the gen 3 & 4

GL-A1 | Glock Under Barrel Rail - CAA Gear Up - CAA USA

One thing to keep in mind with these type of adapters is it is nearly impossible to find a holster for them.

I bought the Recover rail to see if it would work on my G48 and my omnivore holster. The G48 is not listed for use with the omnivore but I was able to heavily modify the holster near the upper trigger guard/lower grip area to work with the G48. My other full size guns will fit but nearly all of the trigger guard is visible. :oops: o_O

So the omnivore is now relegated to the G48 only. Oh well, all in the name of tinkering! :s0140:

Thanks for all the info and education. So you are all correct it's a Gen II G22, and I have talked my SIL into just leaving it alone and waiting to pick up a newer gun with a rail. Thanks again

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top