JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$400
Manufacturer
Glock
Caliber
40 S&W
City
Monmouth
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Glock 22 for sale. 40 S&W. Will come as is from factory. I have the original box and paperwork, as well as 3 15 round glock brand magazines. No weapon light included at this point. It was a bedside gun and rarely carried so no wear. The transfer will occur in Independence at 5150 Tactical. Willing to trade. Make me an offer. I have a bunch of extra mags and accessories for sale as well.

Trade interests include Henry lever guns, Henry single shot 45-70, revolvers, G43X fde, G19X, or a S&W Response. Feel free to throw out other offers though.

More pics upon request.

20230706_122914.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Nice Glock.
Unfortunately, the expert gunfighters at FBI decreed that 9mm is the ultimate fighting round.
Interesting that the Sao Paulo Brazil police adopted the Gen 5 Glock 22 before it was even offered in the US.
But then again, those cats probably have more gunfights on a Tuesday night than FBI have in a year.

It's the .40 S&W cartridge that is keeping it from moving. I just sold my HK .40 for a lot less than I thought it was worth. Sportsman's Warehouse had one .40 for sale and at least 75 9mm on the shelf. The ammo is expensive and getting harder to find. Good price though.

Why is no one buying this?
For me it was because your ad insisted on the transfer happening out in independence. I almost went for this, then went a different route.. but for me the deciding factor was having to drive all the way to independence from Portland. GLWS it is a good deal, and good piece and I love me a glock 22 👍

Why is no one buying this?
Nice pistol - I had a G22.4 for a while and enjoyed it (still have a G22.3). I hope you sell it. For someone new to 40 cal - they will love it.

Regarding your question (which is a very legitimate question) maybe another question to ask is - "after a period of time when my pistol has not sold, what can I do differently to sell this pistol?"

1.) Get price under $400 - maybe $395. Psychological pricing works (tons of research supports that concept) and I can tell you from my experience working in retail when I was young, it totally works.

2.) Offer to meet at an FFL in Salem (there are several good ones). That would make it seem like less of a drive for those of us far away. I've driven from Troutdale to Salem several times to purchase a firearm from someone. But there seems to be a psychological invisible barrier on the south side of Salem for us Northern folk. Also, when we've traveled as far south as Salem, then straying too far east or west of I-5 really is a deterrent for those of us living in PDX and used to traveling on freeways all the time.

3.) Throw in two more mags, or an extra accessory you have to increase the perceived value for the price. (Most of us Glock Fanboys know where to get new OEM mags for $20 a pop, or used OEM mags for $12 - e.g., RecoilGunWorks) so one extra mag is no big incentive - but two extra mags might be a "value tipping point".

Anyway, keep trying. Good luck with your sale.

For me it was because your ad insisted on the transfer happening out in independence. I almost went for this, then went a different route.. but for me the deciding factor was having to drive all the way to independence from Portland. GLWS it is a good deal, and good piece and I love me a glock 22 👍
I have driven for sales before and have had people flake. You can thank them for that.

Ten miles should not be a deal breaker
Neither should meeting half way 🤷🏻‍♂️ but if you have already driven close to an hour? Im just trying to help friend, I had considered purchasing your firearm and driving to independence from portland was a deal breaker for me. Do with that information what you will, no offense intended. GLWS

I'm not a player because I've already got a Gen 4 G-22 so need for 2. That being said, the used Glock market is very soft with new ones retailing for under $500.00 and police turn ins costing around $300.00. I know yours is neither but that's what you are competing against. Also Independence is 10 miles as the crow flys off of I-5 but is a extra half hour each way via roads. Being flexible allows each to have some skin in the game so to speak. You are not the only one in this boat, I recently tried to sell a Glock 32 that I bought brand new and shot 50 rounds thru it for $100.00 less than I paid for it and got no interest at all. I decided to get keep and shoot it and in fact I was looking at a couple Glock only matches for later in the year.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.