Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Glock 19 gen3 RTF2...good buy?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Mhiggins05, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Mhiggins05

Mhiggins05 Salem, OR Member

Hey Gents, have the opportunity tonight to buy a Gen 3 19 RTF2 for a sub $500 price. I don't know much about these in particular but I do own a lot of other glocks. From my understanding these are exactly the same as a standard gen 3, the only difference being merely cosmetic. Is this accurate? If so, good buy?

Thanks.

2. Pepiot

Pepiot Oregon My other girl ^^^^^

Yes and yes. It has a rough textured frame and possibly "fish gills" other than that everyting is the same as gen 3.

3. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

It is pretty much the same as any other Glock, just cosmetic and texture differences. Sub 500 dollars? I'd get it!

4. Outrider

Outrider Oregon Active Member

One of the most common complaints with the RTF2 is the grip texture tends to be rough on shirts if you use it for IWB concealed carry. -I don't know if that's a concern for you but it's worth considering if you're planning to use it as a CCW.

5. firemedic15

firemedic15 Jefferson, Oregon Active Member

I'd jump on it, I've got one and prefer the RTF2 over my other gen 3 glocks.