JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so i was wondering if i should buy a glock 17 gen 4 it has had 900 rounds through it cleaned and maintained its a buddy of a buddy it also comes with hardcase and 2 reg megs and 1 extended mag it has fixed sights and night sights also it looks pretty clean to me but im just getting into weapons also what should i do since im buying it in texas and bringing it to oregon just a bill of sale? is that all i will need to register it in oregon? does the price sound legit? anyfeed back would be great thanks

Most people try to get more than that for Gen II G17's, yeah man, buy it. If there is no visible damage, there is nothing on it that cannot be replaced for dirt cheap. You don't need to 'register' handguns in Oregun as far as I know. If you are a TX resident, you can buy it without ANY paperwork. BOS are optional and for your own or the sellers records (say in case you use it in a crime and leave it behind). Just because you move to OR after you buy it, you don't need any paperwork. Just bring the gun with you and you are set.

cool im just getting out of the military and wanted a glock 17 umm what about for me to register it im coming home to oregon in a week so should i just get a bill of sale from my buddy and i can get home and register it? keep the comments coming thanks

im buying it in texas and bringing it to oregon

Price of $350 is insanely good, buy it. What worries me is the section I have highlighted. If the gun is owned in Texas and you live in Oregon it MUST be transferred through a local FFL meaning he needs to ship it to one in Oregon. Not complying with this is illegal and will prevent you from legally ever owning a gun again.

ETA: your post appeared as I was typing. Do you currently live in Texas?If so, no registration is required in Oregon. You just move your guns like the rest of your stuff. If however you do live in Oregon and your buddy lives in texas make sure to transfer it through an FFL (Federal Firearms Licensee a.k.a. gun dealer)

yes i live in texas until the 14th of march when i plan on moving back to oregon

You're fine then. It's just your property that you are bringing here. I paid $400 for a new condition, supposedly rebuilt (looked all new, suspect it was and was just a never fired police trade in) G22 a few years back and it was an excellent price

Looks like it's been answered, but I'll add my $.02:

-The price is awesome, I don't like Glocks and I'd even buy it at that price.
-Buy the gun while you're living in TX so it can be a face-to-face sale.
-Move the Gun with all of your stuff to OR (in a locked case, just for safety).
-No registration or paperwork will be needed since you will already own the gun and be moving into OR.

If the Gen 4 has a ambi mag release and the 1913 rail I would skip it. Lots of reports of the ambi mag release being very hard to push with a full mag, and finding a holster for the 1913 rail is challenging if you want to carry it. Your options will be limited. I have a gen 4 Glock 17 but with standard mag release and regular glock rail.

ambi mag release means there will be a mag release button on each side of the grip in which you can depress the lever and release the mag. It is not interchangable at least i have not heard of people doing it. The 1913 rail is larger and looks like a full size rail. The standard rail fits the gun better, is smooth but has one cut out for your light. I would think because of the price it is the gen 4 with the ambi mag release and 1913 rail. Save your money and get the standard you will be much happier.

ambi mag release means there will be a mag release button on each side of the grip in which you can depress the lever and release the mag. It is not interchangable at least i have not heard of people doing it. The 1913 rail is larger and looks like a full size rail. The standard rail fits the gun better, is smooth but has one cut out for your light. I would think because of the price it is the gen 4 with the ambi mag release and 1913 rail. Save your money and get the standard you will be much happier.

Wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads