JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks good, thanks for the breakdown. I'm waiting on my bgc to go through and then I'll be the new owner of the same gun. Funny enough, the guy behind the counter tried to talk me out of it and sell me on a xdm in 10mm instead.

Well, after exactly 115 rnds of factory ammo, she's headed back to EAA. The firing pin retaining plate dropped out at that 115 mark. The slide to frame slop is getting significant. And the accuracy is piss poor.

To add insult they insist that I ship it back to them on my dime through ONLY a FFL.

This will probably be the only EAA product that I ever have bought.

I have the XDm ELITE COMPACT and will say that its a good piece too. But it aint no 6"!
Not to detract from your thread, but how do you like the 10mm xdm?

And what a bummer about the 10mm 1911.. I guess I may avoid Turkish firearms completely now.. I had a few Turkish shotguns that were massive disappointments.

Damn, that's not great to hear. I've got about the same number of rounds through mine. So far, so good. Accuracy has been okay, though it's hard fighting with the insanely heavy trigger. No slop to be said of.

Well, after exactly 115 rnds of factory ammo, she's headed back to EAA. The firing pin retaining plate dropped out at that 115 mark. The slide to frame slop is getting significant. And the accuracy is piss poor.

To add insult they insist that I ship it back to them on my dime through ONLY a FFL.

This will probably be the only EAA product that I ever have bought.
Your experience with EAA mirrors my own some years ago... except they threatened me over the phone if I complained about them in any forums or other platforms... been thinking about a 10mm myself- but it won't be anything from EAA... probably a Glock as I've become somewhat fond of them..

Last Edited:
It's our 1 yr Anniversary and it's all that I can do not to want to rush home, grab my gear and head to the range.😄

But I'm smarter than that .
Plus it's 10f outside and there isn't an indoor range in my area.
Sounds like reloading weather and then shoot in the spring and summer.

Not to detract from your thread, but how do you like the 10mm xdm?

And what a bummer about the 10mm 1911.. I guess I may avoid Turkish firearms completely now.. I had a few Turkish shotguns that were massive disappointments.
I really enjoy my XD-m Elite compact. It feels better in the hand than my previous G29 and it shoots easy. It does eject quite a distance but consistently. Make sure to register it and get the discount (if they still offer it). Then buy the larger magazine. It is my offroad/ snowmobile/dirt bike/jeepin piece. Heres a video of my 1st mag shoot.

Your experience with EAA mirrors my own some years ago... except they threatened me over the phone if I complained about them in any forums or other platforms... been thinking about a 10mm myself- but it won't be anything from EAA... probably a Glock as I've become somewhat fond of them..
Too bad that I didnt know of your experience before buying this. I had talked to my local shop and they said that the Girsan guns seemed to be a great piece.

It will be interesting to see how EAA handles this.

She's been out to EAA now for a couple of weeks.
No word from them.

I've been looking at other 6" options.
I can still find SA TRP OPERATORS brand new. But they are literally just a couple hundred dollars less than a DAN WESSON KODIAK. My experience with DAN WESSONS are that I'd rather save up and buy a KODIAK. All my DAN WESSONS have been fantastic!

Yeah, Im curious how it worked out. I'll put Girshan on my no buy list if they dont treat you right.

Misery seeks company, Murphys law followed my latest purchase home with me... right outta the box the thing dont work. They also want me to ship it back on my dime. And then another friend of mine bought a high end custom built 1911, and ended up with a full refund.
Seems like nobody knows how to build quality anymore these days.

EAA did the very minimum. I definitely am NOT HAPPY.
They replaced the firing pin retaining plate and fitted a new firing pin. They also stated that my gun was "dirty", which was utter BS. I clean after EVERY shoot and she only had a documented 115 rnds. WTF?

They did not address the absurd inaccuracy.
To say that I'm disappointed would be a understatement.

I have sent an email to GIRSAN and will keep you all updated.

I'll add that all of my other 1911's are completely reliable. And VERY ACCURATE.

Last Edited:
And this, folks, is why I don't buy foreign made budget guns

The Turks need to stick to whatever they put in Camel cigarettes and call it a day, guns aren't their schtick

EAA did the very minimum. I definitely am NOT HAPPY.
They replaced the firing pin retaining plate and fitted a new firing pin. They also stated that my gun was "dirty", which was utter BS. I clean after EVERY shoot and she only had a documented 115 rnds. WHTF?

They did not address the absurd inaccuracy.
To say that I'm disappointed would be a understatement.

I have sent an email to GIRSAN and will keep you all updated.

I'll add that all of my other 1911's are completely reliable. And VERY ACCURATE.
Thank you for the update.
Wow, that is disappointing. I had a feeling the price for a long slide 10mm 1911 was too good to be true.. who knows maybe it was just a lemon.. but the customer service.. that is an issue that really stands out.

Every Turkish shotgun I've owned (x3) have been basically airsoft grade and broke apart.. perhaps I'll simply stay away from Turkish products as it seems to be a trend.

Thank you for the update.
Wow, that is disappointing. I had a feeling the price for a long slide 10mm 1911 was too good to be true.. who knows maybe it was just a lemon.. but the customer service.. that is an issue that really stands out.

Every Turkish shotgun I've owned (x3) have been basically airsoft grade and broke apart.. perhaps I'll simply stay away from Turkish products as it seems to be a trend.
I had a CZ Drake made in Turkey; it was an extremely well made shotgun. So not everything they do is garbage. That said, I hope my girsan 1911 holds up as it looks like the company doesn't really stand behind their products. Mine is decently accurate, thankfully. My only real complaint is the trigger is one heavy s.o.b.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top