JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think many of the stores have been taken over by "Dicks Sporting Goods" which comes from the East coast, I believe.

They seem to have some pretty good sales on rifles/shotguns around hunting season.

Bought a Rem 870 from them for a very good price of about $260.

I worked on a couple of the dicks stores but I know there are a few GI joes stores they did not get. The owners of dicks had talked about opening more but wanted to see how things went first with the ones they did open.
The store on 82nd and johnson creek is still vacant that I know of. Not sure on any others.

even though the store was GI Joes, we just called it Joes.....until the corp took the GI away. Then they shut 'er down. I don't think they had any intention of doing anything else once they bought it.

Who cares about Dick's?

Bring "our" GI Joes back!

A friend of mine was there recently. Said they do not have much yet, but were definietly interested in what we would like to see them carry. I intend to go there myself next weekend and check it out.

even though the store was GI Joes, we just called it Joes.....until the corp took the GI away. Then they shut 'er down. I don't think they had any intention of doing anything else once they bought it.

Who cares about Dick's?

Bring "our" GI Joes back!

I had heard some time ago on another forum that Dicks on the East Coast was not very gun friendly. I think they come from the PA area.

If you buy a long gun from them they will walk you out the door with it like Walmart does. Kind of make a big deal about the sale and how it gets marched down to the checkout area, lots of verbal stuff when its really a very private process. But their prices are very reasonable.

Dicks took over the old GI Joe's store off the "5" freeway south on the opposite side of the freeway from the new Bridgeport Mall.

The old GI Joes in Milwaukee is still empty.

Dicks also has a new store in WA Square, two story in the old Merwin's store, I believe.

The joes in tualitan is empty, and same with delta park. I didn't like the whole taking away the GI part. I heard it was cause they don't support the war? Never heard anything about them coming back.

When they filed bankruptcy they had to change the name as they created a new business who could apply for new credit etc...

It was a bad business decision.

I miss that store.

SF-

GI Joes:s0155: Not to sure about Dicks as I have only been there once. And there will be a Dicks at Delta Park as they are renovating it now and the coming soon sign is out. Also they are doing something to the old one in the couve but not sure whats going in there yet.

Dick's took over out Joe's location in Bend. I miss GI Joes. I remember going there when I was a kid. I remember buying cleats, gloves, bikes, and other sporting goods there as a kid. I've been to Dick's, both the new one here and some back east. I am not impressed. The selection isn't really all that hot, the prices are ehh, the people are not all that well informed on gun products (for the most part, I'm sure there are exceptions).

Come back GI Joe's. We miss you.

GI Joes can kiss my ***. After the abortion of 50% off, no wait, we were just kidding, no wait, now it is 40% off, no wait, not yet. They must be owned by Brett Favre. Amazing what after 30 years in business people remember. ***** them.:nuts:

Last edited by a moderator:
GI Joes can kiss my ***. After the abortion of 50% off, no wait, we were just kidding, no wait, now it is 40% off, no wait, not yet. They must be owned by Brett Favre. Amazing what after 30 years in business people remember. Phuck them.:nuts:

Apparently you don't know the difference between the locally owned GI Joes and the out of state owned Joes. There was different management and owners between the two. GI Joes was a good store and took care of it's employees. Joes just screwed everyone, especially the long term employees that came from when it was GI Joes.

GI Joes is a place I miss and would like to see back. I do agree with you about what they turned into under the name Joes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top