Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Getting the itch again.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Nov 22, 2010.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

After a pretty long hiatus from buying guns I am starting to get that old itch again. I just can't seem to find anything I want. I pretty much have all my bases covered with guns I already own so I am not sure what to get. i am thinking of getting one of the Sig p250 SubCompacts in .40S&W if I can find one. I would use it as my hiking gun in my fanny pack.

2. td1622

td1622 Eugene, Or New Member

I love the look of those guns, I have never shot one but I was at a Gun Store in Albany and they had several ... looked like a great gun to stash in your pocket!

3. USMC1345

USMC1345 Gresham, OR Member

Maybe some accessories for guns you already have? This is where I'll be spending money next. And on a carry weapon for the wife.

4. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Buy something for the boy. One he can call his own.

5. PlayboyPenguin

Soon, but can't do that yet. I did show him the lever action rifle I want to buy him as his first gun though.

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Everyone I know that has bought the Sig P250 has been universally unhappy and has sold it, YMMV.

7. PlayboyPenguin

Listen you...don't go raining on my parade with your stupid facts and rational thinking. Rational thinking has no place in purchasing a gun. :)

8. duginsky

duginsky Tualatin Active Member

After I thinned the herd down to the guns I will be keeping, I found myself increasingly drawn to "beginner" gunsmithing as well as reloading. Engaging in the learning and execution of increasingly complex gunsmithing and reloading has satisified the itch. The 'smithing gives me more appreciation for the workings and complexity of firearms as well as further appreciation for the artisan aspects of craftmanship. Reloading has been giving me greater appreciation for the finer points of ballistics and challenges with varying loads and components. both have opened a fairly broad horizon for things pertainign to firearms. Not that I don't hunger for a Les Baer or Ed Brown, though... YMMV.

9. PlayboyPenguin

I have actually considered getting into the gun restoration business as a hobby I could do from home. I love restoring old guns.

10. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Same.

I held one, before I read up on it, and it feels more like an XD than a Sig. Not for me.

11. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Buy a great holster. Maybe one from Pure Kustom Holsters. :thumbup:
    Thats what I did with my itch.
    Dave

12. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

OOOh thats just not right. to bad for sig, generally I really like their guns. Guess they can't make a great one every time.
    I like Xd's!

13. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

:laugh:

Fixed it for ya' :D

14. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

How about long arms? Maybe you and the little Penguin could build a tack driving 22-250? You could work the reloading aspect in, too?

Another option: Load development (most accurate, etc.) for something you own?

Airsoft or "professional pellet"?

I started doing more gunsmithing - buying the tools and a few things to work on. It was highly enjoyable for me. My three year old now decaps my brass before I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner - he may pay his way yet! It's a hoot to watch him with his safety glasses on at the turret press.

15. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

NFA 'nuff said ;)

16. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Get a sig p238 amazing guns!