JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a pretty long hiatus from buying guns I am starting to get that old itch again. I just can't seem to find anything I want. I pretty much have all my bases covered with guns I already own so I am not sure what to get. i am thinking of getting one of the Sig p250 SubCompacts in .40S&W if I can find one. I would use it as my hiking gun in my fanny pack.

After a pretty long hiatus from buying guns I am starting to get that old itch again. I just can't seem to find anything I want. I pretty much have all my bases covered with guns I already own so I am not sure what to get. i am thinking of getting one of the Sig p250 SubCompacts in .40S&W if I can find one. I would use it as my hiking gun in my fanny pack.

Everyone I know that has bought the Sig P250 has been universally unhappy and has sold it, YMMV.

After I thinned the herd down to the guns I will be keeping, I found myself increasingly drawn to "beginner" gunsmithing as well as reloading. Engaging in the learning and execution of increasingly complex gunsmithing and reloading has satisified the itch. The 'smithing gives me more appreciation for the workings and complexity of firearms as well as further appreciation for the artisan aspects of craftmanship. Reloading has been giving me greater appreciation for the finer points of ballistics and challenges with varying loads and components. both have opened a fairly broad horizon for things pertainign to firearms. Not that I don't hunger for a Les Baer or Ed Brown, though... YMMV.

After I thinned the herd down to the guns I will be keeping, I found myself increasingly drawn to "beginner" gunsmithing as well as reloading. Engaging in the learning and execution of increasingly complex gunsmithing and reloading has satisified the itch. The 'smithing gives me more appreciation for the workings and complexity of firearms as well as further appreciation for the artisan aspects of craftmanship. Reloading has been giving me greater appreciation for the finer points of ballistics and challenges with varying loads and components. both have opened a fairly broad horizon for things pertainign to firearms. Not that I don't hunger for a Les Baer or Ed Brown, though... YMMV.

I have actually considered getting into the gun restoration business as a hobby I could do from home. I love restoring old guns.

How about long arms? Maybe you and the little Penguin could build a tack driving 22-250? You could work the reloading aspect in, too?

Another option: Load development (most accurate, etc.) for something you own?

Airsoft or "professional pellet"?

I started doing more gunsmithing - buying the tools and a few things to work on. It was highly enjoyable for me. My three year old now decaps my brass before I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner - he may pay his way yet! It's a hoot to watch him with his safety glasses on at the turret press.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top