JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all.

Just wanted to share that I am walking the green mile of bachelorhood and will give up my freedom in just seven days.

I know I will hear "DON'T DO IT MAN" and stuff like that but she's a pretty good girl a keeps me in check when I get all stupid and I have kept her waiting for 3 years :s0114:

So guys, wish me luck :s0155:

You'll need more then luck...

Remember this.....

Every morning when you wake up, get up and the first words out of your mouth should be, "I'm sorry honey"....works better if you say it several times....because some time during the day you will SCREW UP....and at least you got one I'm sorry in before you messed up.

Women NEVER FORGET....so don't think she isn't keeping track

Take it from a guy who has been married to a great woman for 23 yrs. Every day I start my day by saying "hon I'm sorry"...:)

Last Edited:
My condolences:D My seven year anniversary is next Monday. Life is great now, but I married too young, and the first few years were difficult at best. Now that my business has really grown, we have the time and money to enjoy ourselves and life a lot more. So, I say if you're young like I was, be patient, and if you're not so young, be patient anyway. It will help you through the hard times.:s0155:

Congrats. I'm 39 years old, 14 years married and richer and happier because of her.

Best thing that ever happened to me. Hopefully for you too.

Best of luck.

congrats, but i cant resist to ask: when will your guns be for sale. ha ha ha
just joking there not all like that. even after the honeymoon is over.

:s0140: Hilarious.

Seriously, have fun though. The funniest piece of marriage advice was given to my uncle: "The church has a back door".

Congratulations! A couple of things that work really well for the wife and me:

1. Allowance - We give ourselves an allowance to spend on whatever we want. That way when she comes home with yet another pair of shoes or more clothes, I can relax and not worry about it. Similarly, when I come home with a new gun or accessory, I don't have to hide it or ask for forgiveness. Purchases that are bigger than allowance could handle are discussed separately. We very rarely fight about money, which is a huge benefit.

2. You look out for her, she looks out for you - I don't worry about getting "my fair share" of anything. My job is to make sure that she gets what she needs. That is my primary goal in our relationship. I put my needs as a distant second. I make sure that she is listened to, cared for, supported, protected, and loved. In turn, her job is to make sure that I get what I need. We don't have arguments about whose turn it is to pick the movie we are going to see or who got to go out with their friends last (while the other watched the kids). We are both equally concerned with making sure the other gets "their fair share". If things are not "equal" now, I know she will be making them so in the future. My 0.02.

Best of luck!

PS - Kids totally change things and are awesome. Nobody ever told me how entertaining kids are...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top