JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Mauser
Caliber
8mm
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
German Mauser K98 - 8 x 57JS DOU 42.

I found this description of a rifle pretty much identical to this one online. The rifle sold for $729.00. Hopefully the historical record is correct:

"This is a Waffenwerke Brunn Mauser K98 bolt-action rifle in 8mm Mauser. It appears there was an attempt to reserialize parts of the rifle. This rifle has some mismatched serial numbers but is in good condition. Waffenwerke Brunn AG is the name the Germans gave the small arms factory at Bystrica Czechoslovakia, located in the former Austro-Hungarian territory of Slovakia. Prior to German occupation the factory produced VZ-24 rifles for export and the Czech military. The first rifle this factory produced for the Germans was the G.24 (t). The G.24 (t) was, with minor modifications and proofing, identical to the pre-war Czechoslovakian VZ-24. The production of the G.24 (t) ceased with the "L" block in mid-year 1942 when all the VZ-24 parts had been assembled into rifles. The factory then switched over to the production of "dou" coded K98k rifles from 1942 through 1945."

I'm selling it for $600.00.

k9815.jpg k98 14.jpg k98 5.jpg k98 3.jpg k98 6.jpg k98 12.jpg k98 13.jpg k98 11.jpg k98 9.jpg k98 8.jpg k98 16.jpg k98 2.jpg k98 10.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
German Mauser K98 - 8 x 57JS DOU 42.

I found this description of a rifle pretty much identical to this one online. The rifle sold for $729.00. Hopefully the historical record is correct:

"This is a Waffenwerke Brunn Mauser K98 bolt-action rifle in 8mm Mauser. It appears there was an attempt to reserialize parts of the rifle. This rifle has some mismatched serial numbers but is in good condition. Waffenwerke Brunn AG is the name the Germans gave the small arms factory at Bystrica Czechoslovakia, located in the former Austro-Hungarian territory of Slovakia. Prior to German occupation the factory produced VZ-24 rifles for export and the Czech military. The first rifle this factory produced for the Germans was the G.24 (t). The G.24 (t) was, with minor modifications and proofing, identical to the pre-war Czechoslovakian VZ-24. The production of the G.24 (t) ceased with the "L" block in mid-year 1942 when all the VZ-24 parts had been assembled into rifles. The factory then switched over to the production of "dou" coded K98k rifles from 1942 through 1945."

I'm selling it for $600.00.

View attachment 1389698 View attachment 1389699 View attachment 1389700 View attachment 1389701 View attachment 1389702 View attachment 1389703 View attachment 1389704 View attachment 1389705 View attachment 1389706 View attachment 1389707 View attachment 1389708 View attachment 1389709 View attachment 1389710
PM sent.

I just watched a Hickok45 Youtube on the K98 and he does of great job of explaining how it screams of being a Russian capture. Most interesting.

I've enjoyed learning about the history of these weapons...! Unfortunately I'm getting older and my two daughters are not going to know what to do with these guns when I go to that duck pond in the sky. Better they go to someone who will enjoy collecting and shooting these historical gems.

I didn't know that. Good to know. This is a gun I inherited. What indicates that..?
Covering Russian capture characteristics. Start with the number on the buttstock. Germany never did that. The "X" slash on reciever was done by Russians. Add the pencil etched numbers and the finish on wood and metal.
This was taken apart refinished put back together from a pile of parts so almost no parts match. It may be a good shooter though.

Thanks for the clarification. That's exactly what Hickok45 on Youtube explained too. Gotta love Youtube. I just sold it to a gentleman who also confirmed its Russian history.

These relics are like time capsules waiting to be opened and marveled at.

Thanks again...!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.