JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had mine awhile, only complaint is about the blade. I CANNOT get this thing to take an edge. I generally am able to keep and maintain a shaving sharp edge on all my knives, but this thing is as dull as Biden. Any advice?

Take the blade to a belt sander with a fine grit. If not, then just sharpen on one side of the blade. Gerber puts a lifetime warranty so maybe send it back? I've got a couple of the M600 but in EOD configuration (see my avatar). I use the grit more than the blade though. About all I've used the blade for is stripping wires.

Take the blade to a belt sander with a fine grit. If not, then just sharpen on one side of the blade. Gerber puts a lifetime warranty so maybe send it back? I've got a couple of the M600 but in EOD configuration (see my avatar). I use the grit more than the blade though. About all I've used the blade for is stripping wires.
Usually have another knife on me, so it's not the biggest deal.
also I don't have a belt sander.
I emailed Gerber about sending it in.

Apparently Gerber is not currently offering sharpening service because of the "pandemic"....so they're just sending me a new m600. If you're the opportunistic type, now is the time to request sharpening service.

Wow, I've got seven of them from a previous career (tire monkey). They work very well for picking stuff out of tire tread, as well as many other uses. At least three really do need sharpened.

Gerber uses lousy steel. But good on them for replacing it! I suggest you don't ever use the blade in the new one. :D

Gerber uses lousy steel. But good on them for replacing it! I suggest you don't ever use the blade in the new one. :D
I won't be.
I usually just use an actual knife for those purposes, but do like to keep all blades shaving sharp, and was in the process of maintaining my get home bag when I discovered the condition. I do generally carry my Wave+ now, If for no other reason than the ease of maintenance.
I will say that there is a HUGE difference in the quality of steel when comparing Chinese Gerber knives vs. US made Gerber. The steel may even all come from China, but the quality used in the US crafted stuff is better.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads