JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for advice / experience with entry level generation 1+ night vision rifle scopes.
Wanting to get one for beaver, varmint hunting. Not interested in gen 2 or higher as budget is what it is.

Who make the best one?

Which ones should I stay away from.

Discuss....

What rifle will you be using it on? If you have an AK, I can recommend a surplus Russian NSPU/1pn34, which is a triple tube cascade starlight scope and generally considered 1+. Lots of people use them for hog and coyote hunting.

Keith

I was thinking of my 10-22, just for varmints, but it may go on an AR.
Brands I am looking at are:
ATN
Yukon
Armasight
and
Sightmark
They all have a Gen 1+ or two in my price range.

i tryed atn gen. 1scope years ago and it s.u.c.k.e.d. was not any more useful than a standard rifle scope at night. so i went to u.s. made gen. 2 and gen. 3 scopes. and am happy with these.

Well don't hold out on us, man. What did you settle on?

LOL, sorry, started with a itt an/pvs-14a. was really clear and nice, with i.r... but decided to go with an/pvs-4 old school scopes, have 2 of these, one is gen 2+ and the other is gen 3. although a little more grainey than the an/pvs-14a,,,just as bright,and personally more useful to me than the an/pvs-14a was. due to larger field of view, 4x magnification, and built-in ranging reticle. also decided I.R. illumination is a bad thing.

LOL, sorry, started with a itt an/pvs-14a. was really clear and nice, with i.r... but decided to go with an/pvs-4 old school scopes, have 2 of these, one is gen 2+ and the other is gen 3. although a little more grainey than the an/pvs-14a,,,just as bright,and personally more useful to me than the an/pvs-14a was. due to larger field of view, 4x magnification, and built-in ranging reticle. also decided I.R. illumination is a bad thing.

Might I ask might what those cost you... Ballpark is close enough :)

Picked up an ATN Aries 350 a while back. It usually lives on top of a suppressed Savage FV-SR 22.
Good out to 35 yards or so with the ATN IR illuminator, but that can be stretched with a higher
power illuminator.

Great for the money (around $300) once you get used to the "looking at the world through lime jello"
view. 2.5x, decent crosshairs. Not really thrilled with the mount--wish the scope sat back a couple
of more inches.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR