JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for advice / experience with entry level generation 1+ night vision rifle scopes.
Wanting to get one for beaver, varmint hunting. Not interested in gen 2 or higher as budget is what it is.

Who make the best one?

Which ones should I stay away from.

Discuss....

What rifle will you be using it on? If you have an AK, I can recommend a surplus Russian NSPU/1pn34, which is a triple tube cascade starlight scope and generally considered 1+. Lots of people use them for hog and coyote hunting.

Keith

I was thinking of my 10-22, just for varmints, but it may go on an AR.
Brands I am looking at are:
ATN
Yukon
Armasight
and
Sightmark
They all have a Gen 1+ or two in my price range.

i tryed atn gen. 1scope years ago and it s.u.c.k.e.d. was not any more useful than a standard rifle scope at night. so i went to u.s. made gen. 2 and gen. 3 scopes. and am happy with these.

Well don't hold out on us, man. What did you settle on?

LOL, sorry, started with a itt an/pvs-14a. was really clear and nice, with i.r... but decided to go with an/pvs-4 old school scopes, have 2 of these, one is gen 2+ and the other is gen 3. although a little more grainey than the an/pvs-14a,,,just as bright,and personally more useful to me than the an/pvs-14a was. due to larger field of view, 4x magnification, and built-in ranging reticle. also decided I.R. illumination is a bad thing.

LOL, sorry, started with a itt an/pvs-14a. was really clear and nice, with i.r... but decided to go with an/pvs-4 old school scopes, have 2 of these, one is gen 2+ and the other is gen 3. although a little more grainey than the an/pvs-14a,,,just as bright,and personally more useful to me than the an/pvs-14a was. due to larger field of view, 4x magnification, and built-in ranging reticle. also decided I.R. illumination is a bad thing.

Might I ask might what those cost you... Ballpark is close enough :)

Picked up an ATN Aries 350 a while back. It usually lives on top of a suppressed Savage FV-SR 22.
Good out to 35 yards or so with the ATN IR illuminator, but that can be stretched with a higher
power illuminator.

Great for the money (around $300) once you get used to the "looking at the world through lime jello"
view. 2.5x, decent crosshairs. Not really thrilled with the mount--wish the scope sat back a couple
of more inches.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads