JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a Rush 12 and a Rush 24 by 5.11

RUSH12™ Backpack 24L
and
RUSH24™ Backpack 37L

The hydration pouch in the back is damn near ideal to have a pistol mounted inside of it. I always have my bag with me when I'm at work or at school and I'm considering having some sort of attachment point to secure either a Kydex holster or some sort of webbing to slip an IWB holster into.

The hydration pouch unzips easily and the shoulder straps fold forward to make entry into that pouch, well, easy.

I'm not too concerned with 'off body' in these two situations because the bag is literally at my side during all events throughout the day.

There is enough room inside of the 24 pack that I can store a Ruger Charger with brace, suppressor on end of barrel and a 110 round GSG drum in it with plenty of room to spare.

Any suggestions on places local that can handle such a task?

The issue here is the body side of the hydration pouch has a hard plastic liner that keeps the bag in its shape, so anyone modifying this would have to have a good strong needle in their machine... or ya best do leather.

These Maxpedition universal CCW holsters are great. I have them in several bags. I believe they are BOGO right now too.
Universal CCW Holster (Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Add multiple of 2 to qualify. Final Sale.)

View attachment 564299
Thanks, looking to have everything covered though. Hence the reason for putting a holster for a pistol i already own in there.

I want the good retention that the Kydex or Serpa or even that leather provides.

I thought about just putting it in there naked but that doesn't keep it secure enough for my liking.

I'll pay for quality every single time. I've bought cheap and regretted it quite a few times.

So many reasons NOT to use a Serpa holster. Leather, arguably even worse.

Google is your friend.
Yes but conceptually it's the same.

Strap for holster to mount/thread through.

Hard to find a seamstress that doesn't do thin clothes...

"Tactical tailor"

That's an option...

I have a lot of room, this is the smaller pack.

F1246086-326D-44A9-BEBC-64287A40114F.jpeg 2B9F04F6-AE5E-41CC-9881-FB38C578EE2D.jpeg

Good ideas..

I may check with a local holster maker for a flat backed Kydex one and see if that's an option for using Velcro and some adhesive or something.

Chicago Screws. Get yourself a kydex holster (or three) that you are never going to attach to a belt, then some of these Chicago Screws, melt the fabric, drill 4 holes that can line up with existing holes on the holster, then use Chicago Screws to bolt the two together. My machine wouldn't be able to sew through pack frame sheets, so Chicago Screws probably your best option.

Chicago Screws. Get yourself a kydex holster (or three) that you are never going to attach to a belt, then some of these Chicago Screws, melt the fabric, drill 4 holes that can line up with existing holes on the holster, then use Chicago Screws to bolt the two together. My machine wouldn't be able to sew through pack frame sheets, so Chicago Screws probably your best option.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I could also use those to attach some molle or anything else inside.

That may be the ticket for flexibility!

if the pack frame sheet is removable (most good ones are, because sometimes the frame sheet needs replacing, or someone needs to clean the pack itself), then I would be able to sew the MOLLE to the fabric itself. But it seems like the frame sheet in your packs are not removable; hence my recommendation of Chicago Screws :)

What I did with my EDC backpack was get large sheet of thick kydex, cut it so that it would fit in the main pocket of my pack like an insert, then drilled holes in it and mounted a home-brew kydex holster, two mag pouches, and a few little misc pouches onto it. I secured the panel to the inner "face" of the pack by poking some holes through the backpack, drilling some mounting holes on the kydex panel and then zip-tied them together.

From what I've seen online they've started making Molle backpack panels now, which would probably be a little less ghetto, but functionally the same.

if the pack frame sheet is removable (most good ones are, because sometimes the frame sheet needs replacing, or someone needs to clean the pack itself), then I would be able to sew the MOLLE to the fabric itself. But it seems like the frame sheet in your packs are not removable; hence my recommendation of Chicago Screws :)
There one "is" but the way it is made and Velcro over the top etc, I wouldn't trust myself to remove it and get it back in there without damage.

Stitching to the fabric its self wouldn't be durable enough for my liking. So, your genius has given me the real viable solution.

Kydex. Flat back (close to as possible). Chicago screws through the eyelets on the side of holster.

Easy to change out different holsters with preset hole dimensions. Ability to raise or lower holster a little for weight distribution.

And welcome to a Bronze membership for that!

Did they not line that pouch with soft loop? Because you can't be the first person who has wanted to do this.

But take a look at something in the G Code RTI family. Something like this might work...

RTI Vehicle Mounting System

GSG017-AFGrey_540x540.jpg

That piece can either be mounted to a sticky velcro backer or it could be sewn directly onto the available fabric. It probably wouldn't need to be sewn through the plastic backer but it could or it could certainly be reinforced with the Chicago screws or some type of rivet.

This would allow you to use any of the G Code RTI compatible holsters or Safariland holsters as they are all compatible with G Code if you buy the right adapter. There may be some other holster makers too...like TRex Arms is compatible with both Safariland and GCode.

Did they not line that pouch with soft loop? Because you can't be the first person who has wanted to do this.

But take a look at something in the G Code RTI family. Something like this might work...
I doubt that they did. Also, if MOLLE to fabric is felt to not be secure enough to hold a handgun securely in its holster in the pack, then the soft loop option must seem even worse :rolleyes: I do know that London Bridge Trading puts soft loop inside their chest rigs, at least for the 1195 model chest rigs, which allows the users to use a holster with hook side attached, and concealed inside the chest rig.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top