JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I work with a guy that was T-boned in a F150 by a guy doing 70mph running a red light.

He walked away. Somehow. He has a nice 6 in scar down the side of his face. But that was it.
He swears by the F150, but the bigger the vehicle (and newer) the better your chances.
But if it's your time, it's your time.

Lane departures are the leading cause of motor vehicle crashes in Oregon. You want to have reality checks ?? Subscribe to flashalerts to get notifications from about any agency in Oregon. I get them from OSP all over the state, sheriffs offices on the west side and in Central Oregon where two of my sons live. You get pictures too.

There are probably 3 fatalities in Oregon every day from traffic accidents. Alcohol, drugs, tweakers, sh*theads and their bad driving and old guys on motorcycles are usually involved.

After 10 years as a firefighter / EMT and 20 years of part time work at a mortuary, I have seen plenty and have a healthy respect and a very cautious and jaded outlook on the other people on the road. Any trip over 5 miles is usually made in the F 350 just for weight purposes.

Seat belts can help save lives, but if your in the wrong spot at the wrong time it is up. Worst one I ever saw was a head on collision of a 12 foot cube van and sedan on Hwy 6 at Mills Bridge. Driver of the cube van had the steering column about 4 inches in his chest.

And despite all the " don't drink / toke and drive bullsh*t out there, you can be pretty assured that about every 10th driver you see is going to have some level of impairment.

I reiterate... "And people wonder why I don't drink or use any minds altering substances".

Think about it.

beginning of bow season my buddy and i drove from keizer to ukiah,or to hunt the ukiah,desolation and starkey unit for elk. we drove over to prineville, thru the ochocos to mt vernon and up 395 to ukiah. SUCH a beautiful, much more pleasant drive than up i5 to 84. it took about 45 min longer but i think its worth not being around a lot of other drivers... i really dont like driving 84. there can be a lot of idiots and now that the limit is 70(for the most part) its even more nerve racking.

That's too bad. I liked that show and him in particular.
Back before belt laws came to even be, me and my crew (brothers and friends) would require everyone to wear seatbelts.. and if one (heaven forbid) wasn't, rest assured that whoever the driver happened to be that day would instantly notice and do a hardcore brake-check while screaming "SEATBELT CHECK!".
good times

Broncos are big, sturdy vehicles, and if you are buckled up in one I think that you're pretty safe.
If you crash in one, and not buckled up, bouncing around inside, well....Broncos are big sturdy vehicles! And, you aren't going to damage the interior much!

RIP, Gabe! :(

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads